1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Dump Norman For Sailor .

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by J.moz, Sep 12, 2020.

1. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

Enough is Enough has to go again today. Worsr player on the field slowing the attack down on every play.

Crush, Gippsy, blue bags and 5 others like this.
  2. Smurf

Smurf Juniors

Shocking defence too

Gareth67, Banjo2014, jak and 3 others like this.
  3. epDragon62

epDragon62 Bench

That was Norman that should have at least touched Wighton

4. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Go again?

He hasn’t gone today at all.

But why sailor?

Hunt & Clune would be a more effective halves pairing.

5. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

He was a good player when he played against us.

Eatons Hill Dragon likes this.
  6. Ghostrider22

Ghostrider22 Juniors

When is he going to be punted jeez that defence is shit

Banjo2014 and Gareth67 like this.
  7. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

In fact drop him for anyone , absolutely put the nob on notice for next year

I agree with Muzby though Clune Hunt a more likely better scenario for next year and put Cam back 9 , he’s not a 13 I’m sorry

8. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

6 missed tackles
    1 bombed try
    One ball dead of the kick off
    No try assists

I hate him.

Needs to f**k off and he can take half the team with him

9. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

Funny though, I remember him and Hunt were having a field day against us back when Hook was head coach at the Donkeys
    DY should phone a friend, phone hook for some advice on Norman.

Banjo2014 and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  10. possm

possm Coach

There was some noise about a week ago that Norman would be a swap for Maloney. I'd rather he be a swap for a marquee forward.

Ghostrider22, WoyD4LWoy and Mjab like this.
  11. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

I’d even swap him for Latimore !

12. possm

possm Coach

Let's see who Griffin retains and who he moves on.

13. MattyDragon0028

MattyDragon0028 Juniors

The halfback was no better.

time to give Sullivan a go

14. Puff

Puff First Grade

Clune is no good.

Yep give Sullivan a go

15. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Look at how well Titans have recruited and they are already on the up. Griffin may be hindered by the lack of available quality players.

Gareth67, Dragon David and Mjab like this.
  16. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

I had hopes for Clune to be the playmaker we needed. Unfortunately, CC Cup standard still!

Phantom V, Mjab and I'm Hornby like this.
  17. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

A good win over the Broncos and they have moved above us on the ladder. The Titans will be even better next year.

I have my fears for us next year. If the defence is not corrected we will get done more than we win and Griffin's win/loss ratio will drop. I'm hoping that Griffin will be able to get us to improve our defence - he just has to.

Phantom V and Gareth67 like this.
  18. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

This is exactly what I cannot wrap my head around. Why , oh why do so many other clubs go through a lean period and then after a year or two at the most pick themselves up either through recruitment of quality players or coach - in some instances both .

The Raiders , Titans , Eels have had more downs than I have had a puss yet they still become competitive a couple of seasons later . And perhaps just as importantly the team plays some very attractive footy that has their armies of fans thinking of finals football .

The Dragons have not been able to satisfy their fans lust for success and that simply come down to some extremely bad recruitment and of course the extensions given to the previous coach - say no more about that .

Every few seasons it seems that we have our head above water with money in the so called ‘ war chest ‘ only for it to be used on non- performing names , not truly players with substance. I do sincerely hope that Ryan Webb can address this issue as quickly as possible as it is akin to having a dozen holes in ones bath tub .

Water wasted , and you climb out with all the dust and grime that you entered with in the first instance .

This is how the Dragons recruitment has been for quite some time now , we the fans would also like something to cheer about , as have other clubs who have also have gone through bad periods , but come good with astute management and recruitment .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Phantom V, Mjab and VodkaSaint like this.
  19. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Next year will be a rebuild year. Finals will be a bonus. Guess we just have to accept lean times ahead. The board lacked foresight and disregarded history for so long and have landed us here. If Griffin can get us proud of our players again that will be a win.

20. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

Absolutely.

The first half today he wasn't taking the ball to the line at all and kept passing to support players around him who were standing flat footed, clearly no one told them what the plan was.

DY must've spoken to him at half time so in the second half he starts running aimlessly in to the defence on the last play.

Clearly doesn't have enough tactical nouse to guide us around the park and lay points on.