What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DWZ

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Don't want him. Has one great game out of five and looks disinterested the other four. Would rather get Dean Whare back but Panthers aren't stupid enough to let him go.

NRLMad

Juniors
He’s a bloody superstar don’t know why they’d let him go, panthers just suck right now so would be a good pickup - he’s electric at the back. Sort of how Boyd used to play. Safe as houses. I don’t think we knew ? Now we do

redVinme

Juniors
At FB yep. If lafai and Lomax are centres they can both create along side the halves. All he has to do is support every play, make metres and defend well. Hopefully chime in for a fewTA's

Belta

Juniors
I would definitely take him to play wing or centre.

Yes we could do this and have at our disposal a quality first grade fullback/centre/wing option - sh#$t yeah.

Or

We could find a fringe first grader, preferably mid 30s, long in the tooth footballer to fill our top 30.

Which option is most likely?

Actually don’t tell me, I’m afraid your answer will be too depressing for me to handle at this point in time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wasn’t he one of the parties in the big collision last week?

possm

Coach
DWZ granted permission by Panthers to negotiate with rivals

Penrith have given Kiwi captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak permission to negotiate with other clubs less than two weeks after NRL.com revealed he was on the radar of Parramatta.

The Panthers on Thursday afternoon released a statement to say Watene-Zelezniak had requested permission to negotiate with rival teams.

"Earlier this week, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's management sought permission from Panthers to speak with other NRL clubs regarding Dallin’s immediate and future playing career.

"This permission was granted following discussions by the club’s retention and recruitment committee.

"Out of respect for all parties, the club will be making no further comment at this time."

The 23-year-old outside back, who has played 11 Tests for New Zealand as well as 106 Telstra Premiership appearances for Penrith, was not selected for Thursday night's clash with Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium.

It’s understood the Eels want to play Watene-Zelezniak as a right centre and shift Brad Takairangi to the forwards, but could be tempted to play him at fullback and shift Clint Gutherson to the halves in the absence of the injured Dylan Brown should he arrive in the coming weeks.

Over to you Millward. Show the Dragons fans you really can sign the players we need.

Frank Facer

First Grade
DWZ granted permission by Panthers to negotiate with rivals

Penrith have given Kiwi captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak permission to negotiate with other clubs less than two weeks after NRL.com revealed he was on the radar of Parramatta.

The Panthers on Thursday afternoon released a statement to say Watene-Zelezniak had requested permission to negotiate with rival teams.

"Earlier this week, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's management sought permission from Panthers to speak with other NRL clubs regarding Dallin’s immediate and future playing career.

"This permission was granted following discussions by the club’s retention and recruitment committee.

"Out of respect for all parties, the club will be making no further comment at this time."

The 23-year-old outside back, who has played 11 Tests for New Zealand as well as 106 Telstra Premiership appearances for Penrith, was not selected for Thursday night's clash with Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium.

It’s understood the Eels want to play Watene-Zelezniak as a right centre and shift Brad Takairangi to the forwards, but could be tempted to play him at fullback and shift Clint Gutherson to the halves in the absence of the injured Dylan Brown should he arrive in the coming weeks.

Over to you Millward. Show the Dragons fans you really can sign the players we need.
I agree that we should be in the market for DWZ, salary cap permitting, but it sounds like Parra have the inside running. Nth Qld could do with a decent outside back or two as well.

Walpole

Juniors
yeah sign him and give him the Captaincy as well, is he the current Kiwi Captain?
We could do with another captain FMD, naming 3 captains is so stupid, make a decision, and stick with it..

8. James Graham (c) – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
Vaughan must be wondering why he's not a captain as well.

Oh, and on DWZ, like most people here, I haven't paid any attention to him this year either so, no idea if he's worth signing. I'll have a look tonight and decide. What? He's been dropped. By Penrith. Sign him up!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
DWZ is an interesting one.

When he's on he's a quality player, but that has been few and far between in recent seasons.
We need a STAR in our backline for 2020, it's quite obviously what we're missing at the moment... someone of real quality on the wing for us. I don't think DWZ is quite at that level.