What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown - charged sexual touching

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm presuming the NRL stand down is only intended until the next court date... and then will be lifted allowing Dylan to play, even if found guilty and a court penalty of any type (community service order etc) is imposed.

So assuming even if found guilty that jail is an unlikely scenario given the nature of the counts of this charge, Dylan would be back Round 19 v Warriors?
If Dyl is found guilty he will no doubt be suspended by the NRL (he is not currently suspended, just stood down, so it isn’t backdated or reduced for “time already served). I imagine for a guilty plea or verdict for this sort of charge, given when being accused of it is seeing him sit out, that he’ll cop 6-8 weeks suspension, possibly more.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I am totally over the NRL - if they want to claim they have stood him down due to their No Fault policy, then they should explain why they chose to use their discretion in this case and not others.

They’d spruik some horsesh*t in relation to five charges which could technically result in 25 years imprisonment.

I say horsesh*t because there is a near zilch chance that he would serve a term of imprisonment, and in the near zero chance instance that he does, the sentences would be served concurrently regardless!

This has really ticked me off.

I get it. He has done the wrong thing (allegedly) but by God, if this stance stands for any longer than our second bye, I’ll near riot.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If Dyl is found guilty he will no doubt be suspended by the NRL (he is not currently suspended, just stood down, so it isn’t backdated or reduced for “time already served). I imagine for a guilty plea or verdict for this sort of charge, given when being accused of it is seeing him sit out, that he’ll cop 6-8 weeks suspension, possibly more.
If found guilty on this, I don't think they'll suspend him much at all - given the current stand down.

For example, if Dylan is guilty and the court gives him 350hrs of community service then he might get a two week suspension from the NRL for disrepute, and it's over. If he gets say 150hrs of community service or less of a penalty, I don't think they'll give him even a one week suspension - just quote that his penalty and the publicity will be enough punishment, and play on in Round 19.

T.S Quint

Coach
People expecting consistency from the NRL are asking too much for mine. This admin stood down 2 players over a filmed argument and push and shove about one stepping on the others shoes...but allowed 2 players who had, by all reports, had a more serious altercation and were subsequently arrested...to have a free pass and the sound of crickets since.

Is that you Harry?
Didn’t know you were still on here.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Actually we don't know if he was being a f**kwit at all. We weren't there and nothing has been proven yet.

Should he have been at the pub? Probably not due to the pact he and his teammates apparently agreed on, but there is no evidence yet to say he was acting like a cock.

He's a 22 yo young man on the piss, chances are he was being a f**kwit, it kinda goes with the territory.

The only real question is how much of a f**kwit he was being.

bazza

Referee
He's a 22 yo young man on the piss, chances are he was being a f**kwit, it kinda goes with the territory.

The only real question is how much of a f**kwit he was being.
that is my uniformed opinion on what may have happened. Didn't take the request of the girl or security at the venue on board and so police got involved rather than just going home early

emjaycee

Coach
Cant believe nothing has been made out of the racist comment made by Hadley concerning Eels CEO...
If that was an Eels player making the comment it would make the front page.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well tbf where the hell has Sarantinos been this week.

Doesn't excuse the language Bullyboy Hadley uses.

I agree with some aspects of criticism he should have fronted a press conference and made a statement to the press before the players had to front the press.

CEO's are happy to be front and centre when good news hits.

When the shit hits the fan they generally go missing. Only needs to make a 30 second statement and answer 10 questions.

He is on a big enough salary its the least he could do is to speak to journos this is the clubs position there.

Instead poor old Shaun Lane has to answer the questions and he isnt even playing this week.

Cloeel

Juniors
Well tbf where the hell has Sarantinos been this week.

Doesn't excuse the language Bullyboy Hadley uses.

I agree with some aspects of criticism he should have fronted a press conference and made a statement to the press before the players had to front the press.

CEO's are happy to be front and centre when good news hits.

When the shit hits the fan they generally go missing. Only needs to make a 30 second statement and answer 10 questions.

He is on a big enough salary its the least he could do is to speak to journos this is the clubs position there.

Instead poor old Shaun Lane has to answer the questions and he isnt even playing this week.

Mate not a lot can be said as it is currently a live investigation. Literally anything that is said can be used against Dylan Brown and impact the process. I dare say he has been advised to keep his mouth shut till further notice.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Mate not a lot can be said as it is currently a live investigation. Literally anything that is said can be used against Dylan Brown and impact the process. I dare say he has been advised to keep his mouth shut till further notice.
I know its a live investigation its not about what he says its about showing leadership and taking the bullets before the players.

He only has to front the cameras saying exactly what you said. We are supporting Dylan and his family but at this stage we can't comment any further about the case. If you have any questions that don't revolve around the case i am happy to answer them.

He can cop about 5-10 questions where he offers no comment or if he is legally able to answer the question go for it.

Then pass it onto the players.

These CEO's only want to be in front of cameras when its warm and fuzzy not when shit hits the fan.