What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown Charged with Sexual Offence

Pneuma

First Grade
Yes why should we care if he is guilty or not? Just being a footballer at a bar is crime enough.

off with his head I say
I didn’t say that. I asked why we should care if he loses match payments? I also think it’s pretty reckless being out at midnight during the season.

Danish

Referee
I didn’t say that. I asked why we should care if he loses match payments? I also think it’s pretty reckless being out at midnight during the season.

You quite clearly said that “regardless of guilt”, he’s done something wrong by just being out at the time the offence occurred.

you may find it shocking what time 20 somethings generally get to bed on a weekend by the sounds of it

Pneuma

First Grade
You quite clearly said that “regardless of guilt”, he’s done something wrong by just being out at the time the offence occurred.

you may find it shocking what time 20 somethings generally get to bed on a weekend by the sounds of it
Jesus mate my point was clear. Why should I care if he’s fined? What’s he doing putting himself in that position when he’s a high profile footballer? The games reputation has suffered enough through buffoonery. But you know. 20 year olds.

Last Week

Bench

I think you're taking what he said way out of context.

He's not saying he's done anything wrong by being out with his friends, but footballers in general need to be aware of their own situation and status.

These allegations aren't exclusive to football players, but the consequences generally are more harsh and well known than the average person.

Pneuma

First Grade

He's not saying he's done anything wrong by being out with his friends, but footballers in general need to be aware of their own situation and status.

These allegations aren't exclusive to football players, but the consequences generally are more harsh and well known than the average person.
Exactly.

Canard

Immortal
Jesus mate my point was clear. Why should I care if he’s fined? What’s he doing putting himself in that position when he’s a high profile footballer? The games reputation has suffered enough through buffoonery. But you know. 20 year olds.
You certainly went out of your way to tell us how much you don't care.

some11

Referee
Yes why should we care if he is guilty or not? Just being a footballer at a bar is crime enough.

harry-ellis-hart-bochner.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
Bit of a joke.

Not that I in any way condone what DylBro is alleged to have done, but there was a reason that NRL brought in the no fault stand down rule for very serious allegations. That pretty quickly became whenever they feel like it.

Anyway hopefully his lawyer was actually on the money and not just blustering when he said the CCTV doesn't support the allegations and he's confident it'll all be sorted at the next appearance. He's still silly AF for putting himself in this position

Danish

Referee

if it turns out he didn’t actually grope this chick - which it seems we’ll know from CCTV footage - then he will be owed nothing short of an apology from the NRL and the eels would be within their rights to demand compensation from them too.

if it turns out he did nothing to this chick then he has not put himself in any sort of position at all. Short of simply never entering a pub what are footy players supposed to do?

“Mr Brown and I viewed the CCTV footage yesterday at the Bondi Police Station,” Mr Newham said outside court on Wednesday.

“It does not support the notion that on five separate occasions Mr Brown has approached this young woman and with both hands has touched both of her breasts. It does not support that at this point in time.”

Interesting wording tbh. Maybe he only groped one breast with one hand on five occasions? Or both breasts with both hands three times and twice with one hand?