What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown Charged with Sexual Offence

Danish

Referee
you think the NRL doesn't have a code of conduct ?

oh dear....

Oh there is probably something. I have no reason to think being out in a bar at night is a breach of it like a few of you seem to think it would be.

It’s likely and extremely vaguely worded document with no specifics at all I’d wager. Just like every employee code of conduct

Pneuma

First Grade
Ive acknowledged whats relevant to him being stood down ,

wrong doing or no wrong doing .... is irrelevant
Mate these blokes like Danish are part of the problem. They just don’t get it. The players are given plenty of counselling about how to avoid these situations but still stuff up. There is an undercurrent of misogyny in Danish’s posts just waiting to break free. A woman has lodged a complaint of sexual touching. The police have charged a player as a result. The NRL has stood him down which is their right. These whingers can whinge all they like. It ain’t going to change and players need to see a consequence like this next time they think of hitting a pub at midnight. Is it worth it?

Dragonwest

Juniors
My only concern with the no-fault stand down clause is the consistency on its application.

Haven't the NRL previously stipulated that it would only be in acted on offences with a maximum jail term of 11 years?

Surely this is outside the NRL's previous reasoning.

Delboy

First Grade
So Burgess, with Russell Crowe and Cannon Brookes behind him, is free to play with the words , until a judgement is handed down I don’t want to pre judge him says Abdo, when Burgess was charged with sexual touching.

Hardley goes on his usual anti Parra rant, and suddenly Abdo becomes all sanctimonious and prejudges Brown, then again the NRL world seems frightened of people with a platform like Hardley , Gus and Uncle Nick.

Danish

Referee
Mate these blokes like Danish are part of the problem. They just don’t get it. The players are given plenty of counselling about how to avoid these situations but still stuff up. There is an undercurrent of misogyny in Danish’s posts just waiting to break free. A woman has lodged a complaint of sexual touching. The police have charged a player as a result. The NRL has stood him down which is their right. These whingers can whinge all they like. It ain’t going to change and players need to see a consequence like this next time they think of hitting a pub at midnight. Is it worth it?

We’ve seen enough players dragged through it by trumped up charges that are later cleared for me to await the results of the courts thanks.

As for your “It’s your fault for being out drinking”…. Sheesh I hope you don’t have any daughters

Frank Burge

Juniors
I would like to see if the no fault stands up in court where players contract ends and he doesn’t get renewed because he isn’t allowed to play and ends up being found not guilty, but missed out on 2 years of earning potential. Thoughts?

Pneuma

First Grade
We’ve seen enough players dragged through it by trumped up charges that are later cleared for me to await the results of the courts thanks.

As for your “It’s your fault for being out drinking”…. Sheesh I hope you don’t have any daughters
Sheesh I do. Sheesh. And sheesh they are none of your business. They have strong views about sexual assault and low regard for the peanuts who put themselves in Browns position.

And you can await the court outcome. And Dylan can sit on the side lines. And you can whinge and moan until then.

Pneuma

First Grade
I would like to see if the no fault stands up in court where players contract ends and he doesn’t get renewed because he isn’t allowed to play and ends up being found not guilty, but missed out on 2 years of earning potential. Thoughts?
I don’t care. This is about now not some convoluted potential outcome.

This Year?

Immortal

Outstanding article by Mary Konstantopoulos even if it is from The Roar
And done well to slip in a photo of Jack in the article too, who although was stood down under the same rule was under a much worse charge. By putting it in there people will paint Dylan with the same brush which is wrong IMO.