What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA sports Fifa world cup 2010

renouf

Juniors
Have just started world cup campaign with England (xbox360), it's not a bad game.. obviously it's very similar to fifa 10, but this is what I've noticed so far:

- the opposition on legendary mode is about the same as fifa 10, except they do seem more capable of finishing chances in this game (so it is slightly harder)
- shooting seems to have been tweaked a bit
- commentary is obviously different
- the game flows end-to-end a bit better then fifa 10
- it's almost too easy to score from a header, I've only played 4 games and I've already scored about 4 goals from headers, all from wide crosses. Would struggle to score that many in an entire season of fifa 10
- weaker oppositions like Andorra are ridiculously easy to play against, it's almost like a training run.. never noticed this in fifa 10, even the crappy sides would put up a fight

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Apparently they've made it so teams like Qatar, Kazakstan etc are much harder to beat when they are playing at home but are easy to put away when you are at home. Sounds good.

renouf

Juniors
Yeah I dunno, the gameplay is a bit funny.. it's definitely been tweaked from fifa 10. I played a friendly against Spain at the Bernabeu and they came out strong for the first 20mins or so, but then they just dropped off and I won the game 3-0 in the end.. I was expecting it to be more difficult.. maybe when the world cup starts it will be.

hellteam

First Grade
On legendary? Fifa 10 was too easy in the end, I just couldn't be bothered switcching to manual passing, I might do it for this one..

hellteam

First Grade
This game is pretty easy, did the whole qualifying and world cup with australia on legendary, lost the final to brazil. was up 3-1, lost 6-4 haha. there's so many goals in this game. Might return it, not sure it's worth paying for a whole game when it's just FIFA 10

renouf

Juniors
I thought it got a little harder when the world cup started, but I could be just imaging things

DB

First Grade
I have heard it is really good..... and some people have had trouble playing FIFA 10 after this, as it is a massive step forward..... yet to play it though.

hellteam

First Grade
It is very good, if you're into soccer definitely get it, it's got me really excited for the World Cup.

tokerShark

Juniors
Apparently they've made it so teams like Qatar, Kazakstan etc are much harder to beat when they are playing at home but are easy to put away when you are at home. Sounds good.

Yep ive noticed this, played iraq in baghdad and drew 1-1, played them in australia and won 9-1.

Penalty kicks took a little to get used to, but overall i really like it.

salivor

First Grade
Like every edition bar the penalty kicks. They worked just fine how they were in Fifa 09 and 10.

renouf

Juniors
yeah the penalty kicks are a hack.. i dunno what they were thinking, sure they can be improved from fifa 10, but they've made it worse

natheel

Coach
Started the captain your country mode I'm australaia and using my own created player. Have been u defeated played 8 games scored 7 goals. Pretty good mode actually I'm really enjoying it

hellteam

First Grade
Finally won the World Cup with Australia on legendary the other day! Ahh it was a great moment.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Grabbed mine for $39 from JB.

Awaiting postage - For $39 what better way to spend five weeks of Uni holidays?