What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to hear we are trying to help Chrissy and not trying to throw him on the scrap heap

Good work from all concerned, I have seen first hand what gambling addictions can do to people first hand. Some people lose everything before they realise they have a problem.

EelsFan05

Bench
I think this will be one of those scenarios where should he not complete the program the club will terminate his contract. He has serious problems if he is gambling away all/significant portion of his income.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Actually I've got a problem losing all my cash on slow thoroughbreds. Maybe my wife will ring up my boss and I'll be sent off to a farm too.

IFR33K

Coach
Yes that's possible. Bad situation for his family if he really is blowing all his cash.

Mate, I got a family member that has pretty much blown all his cash, and torn his family to bits. Not good.

That's pretty much the reason I hate gambling and gamblers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I feel sorry for sandow - before anyone starts bagging him you have see where he came from. He had a pretty poor up bring (not in regards to parents but money his family had) and all of a sudden is playing in a very popular sport with a decent contract. Some cope with this others don't.

I hope the club gives him all the support he needs and he gets a mentor so at least when he finishes his career he has something to show for 10 years in the nrl.

One of the best things about league is it looks after its own

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I hope Chrissy can get himself fixed up. Maybe he needs to have a sit down with Owen Craigie, he can tell him what gambling can do to you.

The Colonel

Immortal
Glad the club is taking positive measures to help Chris and his family. Addictions are a disease and should be treated as such. If you haven't had an addiction to something it is hard to understand what he would be going through and why he can't stop. He had to help himself in the end. Good on the club for taking positive action rather than just releasing him.

muznik

Juniors
Great that the Club is helping Chris get the help he needs...

But WTF is it with our #7 jersey ??
It really must be cursed.

Part of me is riled though cause this was known about when we threw ridiculous coin at him.
As mentioned I hope he gets through it but am annoyed its at the Eel's expense.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Actually I've got a problem losing all my cash on slow thoroughbreds. Maybe my wife will ring up my boss and I'll be sent off to a farm too.

Unfortunately for us they'd still have Internet coverage there...

Good on the club for helping the kid, lets hope we see a positive result on and off the field because of it.

Latest posts