What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easiest case of beer ever...

ebbedfred

Bench
A bit off topic but.....Just picked up the easiest case of beer in a bet I think ever.

A guy I work with (a Sharks supporter) told me 2 weeks ago that Ricky Stuart would be coaching the Dragons next season. I laughed reminding him that Bennett was still under contract. Now this guy has a few connections at the Sharks and told me that Bennett has an out clause he'd be exercising soon. I asked who his source was and he wouldn't say so I asked him to lay a case of beer on it. Bet was made with Round 1 next year as a dead line.

After the events of the last few days I asked him to pay up based on even if Bennett did go there is no way St George could replace one of the best coaches in history with a guy who has been trying to avoid the spoon for the last 2 years, the backlash would be huge.

So yesterday at work I walked down stairs and low and behold Ricky Stuart is sitting there on a couch. Wanting my case of beer, I told him about the bet and asked him the question to which he replied "I'll go you halves in the case of beer".

Easiest bet I've ever won!:crazy:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
So yesterday at work I walked down stairs and low and behold Ricky Stuart is sitting there on a couch. Wanting my case of beer, I told him about the bet and asked him the question to which he replied "I'll go you halves in the case of beer".

That line makes the story! :lol: