What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts junior league clubs

adamkungl

Immortal
Regardless of who falls under what banner - even if Easts somehow regained a few clubs, I would be a fan of a combined Souths-Easts comp. Neither club has enough teams playing in teenage and open age groups to really stand alone.

Ideal scenario in my opinion (I doubt it would ever happen for various reasons) - Easts contribute running costs in return for regaining the Kensington, Coogee and Randwick areas, and recognition that it is a combined Souths-Easts comp.

Fire

First Grade
Would like to see the Vaucluse Vulcans brought in. That area is an untapped resource for RL

Is that even a team?

Anyways, I've got a few mates who live in Vaucluse, and they all send their kids to Joeys (a Union school).

kbw

Bench
Some more info, as someone mentioned some clubs were taken possession of via dodgy boundary relocations long ago. Some jumped ship seeking a better deal.

All teams (both Roosters and Souths juniors) from U13 and up (except A and A Res) play in a combined comp with Balmain, Canterbury and St George.

The Roosters are doing a fantastic job now days funding and supporting the 4 junior clubs.

Souths juniors do a fantastic job and unlike the old days they look after the 4 Roosters clubs very well.

And remember this, Souths have no juniors. Souths Juniors are a well run separate entity with absolutely no funding from $ouff$.

H.H

Juniors
Some more info, as someone mentioned some clubs were taken possession of via dodgy boundary relocations long ago. Some jumped ship seeking a better deal.

All teams (both Roosters and Souths juniors) from U13 and up (except A and A Res) play in a combined comp with Balmain, Canterbury and St George.

The Roosters are doing a fantastic job now days funding and supporting the 4 junior clubs.

Souths juniors do a fantastic job and unlike the old days they look after the 4 Roosters clubs very well.

And remember this, Souths have no juniors. Souths Juniors are a well run separate entity with absolutely no funding from $ouff$.

Last point is particularly salient and is big reason why I always stick up for our juniors etc. say what you like, but how Souffs have perpetuated this myth for so long p*sses me off.

Souffs juniors do an awesome job...people just need to understand they are separate...Souffs in fact have held their hands out for years and the Juniors have coughed up untold millions to keep the seniors afloat...making their junior develpmont "efforts" even more of a joke.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Last point is particularly salient and is big reason why I always stick up for our juniors etc. say what you like, but how Souffs have perpetuated this myth for so long p*sses me off.

Souffs juniors do an awesome job...people just need to understand they are separate...Souffs in fact have held their hands out for years and the Juniors have coughed up untold millions to keep the seniors afloat...making their junior develpmont "efforts" even more of a joke.

Is this any different from any club that is fundamentally funded by leagues clubs, like Penrith for example? I would imagine there are very few areas where the NRL club is directly funding jnr leagues out of its own income?

H.H

Juniors
Is this any different from any club that is fundamentally funded by leagues clubs, like Penrith for example? I would imagine there are very few areas where the NRL club is directly funding jnr leagues out of its own income?

I can't speak for Penrith, but at Easts the football club and leagues are, in their words, "intrinsically linked" with neither being able to survive without the other. I imagine this is the same across the other Sydney clubs.

The Leagues club supports the footy club (which is why it was set up on the first place). The Leagues clubs spends millions of dollars every year funding the footy club, including the juniors.

If you're interested in more, hop onto our website and check the 5 year strategic plan the combined boards have out together.

Makes good reading and will make the link between the two quite clear.

To me the Souffs situation is quite different.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really, unless the NRL club is directly taking money out of its budgets to fund Jnr's then it is the leagues club funding it. How closely the leagues club and NRL club is linked is irrelevant, it is more to do with whose pocket the money is coming from to fund jnr RL. Most NRL clubs do not directly fund jnr RL. If the NRL club no longer existed the Jnr's would still receive the same funding.

H.H

Juniors
Not really, unless the NRL club is directly taking money out of its budgets to fund Jnr's then it is the leagues club funding it. How closely the leagues club and NRL club is linked is irrelevant, it is more to do with whose pocket the money is coming from to fund jnr RL. Most NRL clubs do not directly fund jnr RL. If the NRL club no longer existed the Jnr's would still receive the same funding.

Think you need to read KBW's last point again...closely...

newman

First Grade
Good discussion. Another point worth adding is that most kids in the Souths junior system pay nothing for rego and gear, it's all funded by the pokie money. The 4 roosters junior clubs charge $100+ for rego. Considering they all play in the same comp that's a further drain on player numbers taking kids from Easts to Souths. Why register your kid at Clovelly for $110 when you can play for Coogee Wombats for nix?

A Stray Alien

Juniors
Coogee Dolphins club was est in 1993 ithe club was formed from a split of the old Marist Brothers Pagewood club who became the South Sydney Mustangs the Dolphins have never had anything to do with the roosters

Moore Park est 1960 played out of Warterloo OVAL had some good young teams early on but struggled in the 90,s merg with Zetland and Waterloo to form the Moore Park Magpies in 1996 then a split again in 2000 to form the Moore Park Broncos the MONEY club of souths Juniors this club payes for its own existance the brothers who run this club are all souths people this club has allways been about win ning A grade the club has never had any thing to do with the roosters

Kensington United est 1920 won a 3rd grade comp to some a u/23s on there own playing against souths and Roosters a very strong club thru the 50,s to early 90.s but from 2005 only had one team Ares team the kensington area today provides nothing to Rugby League as its mainly asian dominated .

Coogee Randwick Wombats est 1970 this club has allways been GEOGRAPHICLY DEMENTED in the early days thay were nomads no fixed home ground but only having A grades thru the 80,s picking up some junior teams thay trained at the Maroubra Bay High School untill that closed moving to Nagle PARK at Maroubra and other grounds if thay could
find any but thay was not a big club in 2001 wombats were granted to train at Marcellin Fields at Heffron Park at Matto/Maroubra thay also had set up a good base down at Maroubra BEACH with the BRA Boys on board tay have grwn in to the biggest souths juniors club by rapeing all the clubs around them mainly at the teenage level clubs are dieing cause this clubs out of its area. so if you want to play for the Coogee Wombats you have to train in matraville and hang at maroubra beach and have nothing tro do with coogee randwick

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good discussion. Another point worth adding is that most kids in the Souths junior system pay nothing for rego and gear, it's all funded by the pokie money. The 4 roosters junior clubs charge $100+ for rego. Considering they all play in the same comp that's a further drain on player numbers taking kids from Easts to Souths. Why register your kid at Clovelly for $110 when you can play for Coogee Wombats for nix?

This is something I would like to see the ARLC address for clubs/leagues/regions without the advantage of pokie funding. Parents in WA that would like their kids to try RL have to pay $150 for the privallage!

Fire

First Grade
lol. You're a good bloke PR.

But, trying to throw your weight around in an Easts/Rabbitohs Juniors thread.

Wake up and stop pretending you know everything about everything.

kbw

Bench

Rego for the 4 roosters clubs is between $60-$80 which actually includes membership of the Roosters. So get your facts right before putting up crap.

The Roosters junior clubs actually have to pay Souths juniors for the privilege of playing in the Souths Comp.

and for WA, the Roosters actually directly fund the 4 junior clubs.

Brutus

Referee

That is bullshit.

Last year it was 50 bucks to register your kid at Clovelly.

This year it may have been 60 bucks but the kid got free roosters membership plus a crocs hoodie.

Please don't lie.

adamkungl

Immortal
Coogee Randwick Wombats est 1970 this club has allways been GEOGRAPHICLY DEMENTED in the early days thay were nomads no fixed home ground but only having A grades thru the 80,s picking up some junior teams thay trained at the Maroubra Bay High School untill that closed moving to Nagle PARK at Maroubra and other grounds if thay could
find any but thay was not a big club in 2001 wombats were granted to train at Marcellin Fields at Heffron Park at Matto/Maroubra thay also had set up a good base down at Maroubra BEACH with the BRA Boys on board tay have grwn in to the biggest souths juniors club by rapeing all the clubs around them mainly at the teenage level clubs are dieing cause this clubs out of its area. so if you want to play for the Coogee Wombats you have to train in matraville and hang at maroubra beach and have nothing tro do with coogee randwick

lol quality rant

newman

First Grade
Rego for the 4 roosters clubs is between $60-$80 which actually includes membership of the Roosters. So get your facts right before putting up crap.

The Roosters junior clubs actually have to pay Souths juniors for the privilege of playing in the Souths Comp.

and for WA, the Roosters actually directly fund the 4 junior clubs.

Bondi United was either $80 or $100 this year i cant remember exactly what was decided on, which was a jump from 40 odd. I was AT the committee meeting where it was motioned (I was on the BU committee until April) so I might know a thing or two about the club and district. One of the major hurdles in the nay camp was that the Souths clubs offer free rego and there was a lot of gnashing of teeth about the decision.

I did not know that the Crocs was so cheap. Doesn't change the fact that the cost structure is way different for Easts clubs than it is for Souths and they all play in the same comp.

newman

First Grade
That is bullshit.

Last year it was 50 bucks to register your kid at Clovelly.

This year it may have been 60 bucks but the kid got free roosters membership plus a crocs hoodie.

Please don't lie.

As I said above I am not bullshitting. I was on the BU Committee last year and the early part of this year. We thought the crocs were more than that. 60 bucks is still a lot more than zero bucks, which is what Souths clubs charge, which is my point. All Easts clubs fees would've gone up because that roosters membership (chookster) was charged to the clubs at $20 each (it is worth much more than that).

Latest posts