What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eating Habits

Do you eat because you're hungry or because the clock tells you to?

Fair enough, the huge majority of workplaces have set meal breaks but what do you do away from work?

As I'm retired, workplace meal times no longer apply.... thankfully. I eat at any time. On the home front, there's no such thing as a 7am breakfast, 12.30pm lunch or a 6pm dinner for me.

And what about what you eat and when? No bacon and eggs, toast or cereal at breakfast for me. I'm quite content cooking a homemade pizza at 7am or having a bowl of Nutri Grain at 11pm. Anyway, I've never been a breakfast person. Just a f**king waste of time.

Feel free to share your eating habits.

Chippy73

Bench
So I hit the "whats new" button for the first time cos Im bored and this comes up...lmao

it's funny..sorry

Anyway I'm a night owl so rarely eat breakfast and consume the majority of my calories in the arvo/evening.. mostly veges, rice, fish, eggs...pretty healthy.

So I hit the "whats new" button for the first time cos Im bored and this comes up...lmao

it's funny..sorry

Anyway I'm a night owl so rarely eat breakfast and consume the majority of my calories in the arvo/evening.. mostly veges, rice, fish, eggs...pretty healthy.
Night owl here too. Too many idiots during daylight hours. 😳

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm not a breakfast person really, when i have a 7am start at work i have two bananas till what ever time i have lunch, if at home breakfast wise i will have a bowl of porridge with blue berries between 8.30 am to 9am or even slightly later if i sleep in longer, then maybe a piece of toast with vegemite and cheese, rarely do i ever go down the bacon and egg road, i will sometimes have a poached egg or two or a soft or hard boiled egg instead though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
As I'm retired, workplace meal times no longer apply....
I'm hoping to be retired by this time next year and just hoping with retirement that i can afford to go out for a dinner one night a week at say the local cheap and cheerful Chinese or Italian or pizza place, other than that i'm content to be able to get time to do more cooking at home that my working hours currently restrict me from doing so.

Another quirky eating choice of mine.

If it's been cooked, it has to be eaten hot, the exception being ham and prawns.

The most disgusting culinary practice is the eating of cold sausages straight from the fridge the day after the BBQ.

Just vomit inducing.

Coastbloke

Bench
Another quirky eating choice of mine.

If it's been cooked, it has to be eaten hot, the exception being ham and prawns.

The most disgusting culinary practice is the eating of cold sausages straight from the fridge the day after the BBQ.

Just vomit inducing.

What…??!!

nothing like a cold slice of pizza. Cold meat pie goes well. And yes, even cold sausages..

Wish I had either in the fridge right now… 🥧🍕🌭

What…??!!

nothing like a cold slice of pizza. Cold meat pie goes well. And yes, even cold sausages..

There's a funny little rectangular prism shaped thing found in most kitchens.

It's called a microwave oven.

And a reheated pizza just doesn't taste the same.

horrie hastings

First Grade
What…??!!

Years ago when i worked at Hillsdale i used to get a cold potato pie from the bakery for morning tea, for some reason i loved eating this bakery potato pies cold.

horrie hastings

First Grade
And I thought you were a connoisseur of good food. 😛

I am 😉 this practise was about 35 years ago when I was quite younger lol. I also used to get chicken stuffing sandwiches for lunch from the takeaway there, most people didn't want the stuffing from the takeaway chickens so if there was enough I would get a stuffing sandwich.

Latest posts