What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EB Games

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do they still exist? Their range of games is no different to JB Hi Fi yet they change more for games than JB, Big W, K Mart, Target...

Does anyone still use EB Games? Why?

Frederick

Staff member
How do they still exist? Their range of games is no different to JB Hi Fi yet they change more for games than JB, Big W, K Mart, Target...

Does anyone still use EB Games? Why?
I still use them for the times that they actually have decent sales on, and there’s no JB up here at maitland yet

Parra Pride

Coach
My EB Games is less than a minute drive down the road compared to ten to fifteen minutes for a JB or Big W. They will price match games with any lower price those stores if you ask, and the store is close enough that you'd realistically just go there instead.

Also I'd be incredibly surprised if you could find something like Danganronpa at a Big W or JB, or even some of the more popular stuff like the Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online games that have been released recently.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I find they have a bigger range than JB certainly on older games. I just get them to price match everything to JB.

Iafeta

Referee
They are usually $10-$20 over the relative price point. I only buy there when they have a big mid year sale. A year or two ago I got a couple of Wolfenstein games for $20 each. Other than type of deal they never see my hard earned.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How close are they too another store that stocks games? They generally only price match if it's a realistic option for you to just go there instead.
JB Hi Fi is their wall-sharing neighbour. 6 shops down is Target and another 10 shops down is Big W.

They don't price match and everytime I go past they always have 1 or 2 people in there looking but rarely have i seen people buying anything.

nöyd

Staff member
My local EB is closer than my local JB by a few suburbs, and EB has always price matched here.

They'll get my coin on Thursday for Ashes 2017, and if it's f**ked (fair odds) it will go back within 7 days for refundage.

___

Juniors
Their sales are better than JB I have found. They also have the re-released classic NES and SMD consoles which I don't think JB have.

The one in Sydney between Pitt St Mall and QVB has a huge range of loot in it - second biggest in the world behind one in Canada. That helps them as well.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Not really, don't have a console atm but have 200 bucks on a trade-in card so I'll probably buy a switch in the new year from there.

Everything else is for PC and that's bought through steam/greenmangaming etc.

Haffa

Price match is the only reason I use them. I always get games for $59 or $69 as the guy in the store always matches the prices I tell them Big W has it for. I don’t even bother checking what Big W actually have it for these days.

Price match is the only reason I use them. I always get games for $59 or $69 as the guy in the store always matches the prices I tell them Big W has it for. I don’t even bother checking what Big W actually have it for these days.
Don't forget the return policy

I tried RLL4 for about 2 hours seen it still sucked dick and got my money back no questions asked

Latest posts