What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ed Kosi

nswarrior

Juniors
Sorry bro - that is the worst game I have seen in the NRL. Mistakes happen but not trying to run back for the Coates try

Anyway it’s just footy, not the end if the world

jaseg

Juniors
He shouldn't be back this year. At least Manu had proven upside with ball in hand in the NRL when he had his game vs the Eels. Whats more, this bloke just stopped trying.

I don't really give a f**k if Ratuva is playing well enough in reggies, he's over Kosi now because we now know how one of those blokes responds to... well, *that*. As it is I imagine Rocco & Vailea will play instead, so we've got more Pompey on the wing farcical shit to enjoy!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Biggest issue isn’t the errors, it’s the lack of upside. He’s relatively big but has showed no signs of being a fast or powerful ball carrier. I don’t remember him making a single good carry in his career? Just not really up to it, a reserve grader.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Biggest issue isn’t the errors, it’s the lack of upside. He’s relatively big but has showed no signs of being a fast or powerful ball carrier. I don’t remember him making a single good carry in his career? Just not really up to it, a reserve grader.
He makes some honest carries out of our own end, but nothing DWZ, Pompey or Montoya don’t do, and certainly nowhere near what Manu and Ken produced on the regular. and Ive never noticed him do anything dangerous down the opposition tryline.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He shouldn't be back this year. At least Manu had proven upside with ball in hand in the NRL when he had his game vs the Eels. Whats more, this bloke just stopped trying.

I don't really give a f**k if Ratuva is playing well enough in reggies, he's over Kosi now because we now know how one of those blokes responds to... well, *that*. As it is I imagine Rocco & Vailea will play instead, so we've got more Pompey on the wing farcical shit to enjoy!
Agreed. I see zero upside to Kosi. I also see zero upside to Pompey for that matter. At least you can see a footballer in Berry. And yep, Kosi completely f**ked himself by the zero effort chase for the Coates second half try. That was pathetic. Let's see what Ratuva has.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Poor bastard, I hope the coaching staff and senior players are getting around him. Can imagine he'd be feeling the pits.

Play th season out in QCup, that's where you're supposed to learn anyway, not in first grade.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agreed. I see zero upside to Kosi. I also see zero upside to Pompey for that matter. At least you can see a footballer in Berry. And yep, Kosi completely f**ked himself by the zero effort chase for the Coates second half try. That was pathetic. Let's see what Ratuva has.
Pompey at centre at least is the kind of player I could see looking decent in a good system. He’s strong and can run a line/hit a hole fairly well. But a slow winger with dodgy hands and unexcept strength? Nah.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pompey at centre at least is the kind of player I could see looking decent in a good system. He’s strong and can run a line/hit a hole fairly well. But a slow winger with dodgy hands and unexcept strength? Nah.
Yeah I guess he might go OK at Melbourne, but I'm also sure there's probably 3-4 players better than him in that system. He's so uninspiring. I take no excitement from saying that, but he's just so indicative of where we're at.

Benek

Juniors
Curran has improved since joining us. CHT has improved this year. Jazz has improved a little (less error and penalties). Fusitua became a temporary superstar after joining us. I'd say Egan has improved. I think there are a lot of examples just in the last few years. But when you're not inside the system it's really difficult to say if we're helping the players reach their full potential or achieving something way less than that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah I guess he might go OK at Melbourne, but I'm also sure there's probably 3-4 players better than him in that system. He's so uninspiring. I take no excitement from saying that, but he's just so indicative of where we're at.
Yeah agree on those points. He’s the kind of player who can be an adequate cog in a working setup, but that’s about it. Remember Dane Nielsen…

Latest posts