What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Blacker

Carlton

Juniors
Eddie Blacker is exactly the sort of player we should be recruiting. He is young and has shown potential, has the right build and is mobile. Now lets see if he can step up to first grade, if it looks like he can't then make an early call and look for the next one with potential, and so on and so on.

Getting juniors that progress through to be genuine first graders is a numbers game, most wont make it even though as a junior they looked like they could. They have to be churned through until that "special" player puts their hand up. The worst thing for the club is sentimentality towards juniors, its a business and results are what matters.

BLM01

First Grade
Gee another forward. Wheres all the backs??????
Playing ISP or Flegg. But dont worry the Dragons are actively searching for the right player to fit their club, structure and culture....as the know who they are looking for as the once great Basil Millward said. Convinced...?..me neither, until I see their criteria.

He a big unit let hope he makes it

Agree, I have watched Eddie for a few years now up here in Brisbane and he has dominated in every aspect of the game for a middle forward.
He is big, real big for his age, generally light on his feet, has pretty good lateral movement and has a good attitude to learn and develop his game.
Let's see how he goes.
One thing he does have is he runs hard into the line, something Josh Kerr needs to do.

possm

Coach
So we have Blacker, Kerr, Timm and Lawrie. All young middle forwards with Lawrie the one to step up to first grade first in 2019. Wouldn't be great if our coaching staff could bring them all through over the next couple of years.

Carlton

Juniors
So we have Blacker, Kerr, Timm and Lawrie. All young middle forwards with Lawrie the one to step up to first grade first in 2019. Wouldn't be great if our coaching staff could bring them all through over the next couple of years.

It doesn't matter, so long as one or two step up and we dont hang on to the others but replace them with players with the physical attributes needed and with potential.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree, I have watched Eddie for a few years now up here in Brisbane and he has dominated in every aspect of the game for a middle forward.
He is big, real big for his age, generally light on his feet, has pretty good lateral movement and has a good attitude to learn and develop his game.
Let's see how he goes.
One thing he does have is he runs hard into the line, something Josh Kerr needs to do.

Eaton
He is also willing to put in the training and is doing it.
I hope jimmy G gets in his ear and he does the extra.
Eaton he seems to have a good motor whats your option.

nontime111

Juniors
Good athlete by the looks BIG and a damn good sounding kid too welcome to mighty SAINTS Eddie!! RIP in son cant wait to see you in action!

Slackboy72

Coach
Good athlete by the looks BIG and a damn good sounding kid too welcome to mighty SAINTS Eddie!! RIP in son cant wait to see you in action!
you-are-already-dead-1048247.png

Dragsters

First Grade
Let's see how he goes.

Good to hear he runs hard and has good lateral movement for a big lad.

These are, imo, the two biggest areas that Kerr is lacking in...

Latest posts