What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
We shot ourselves in the foot with errors at times but I can't find it in myself to criticise this team on that performance, what an effort.

If we are somehow able to stay close to, if not in the top 4 and only have the 3 ACL's (and jake) missing come finals time then we have a punchers chance in this competition.

Points for everyone.

We will probably fall short and we may well even crash and burn but this is up there as Robbo's finest coaching hour. Either way, this team is going to have a had edge come 2022.

The draw softens for us the next 5 weeks including a bye, the challenge from here is to bring the same effort against those sides as we did last night.

Not often a loss is almost as good as a win but last night was. We didn’t deserve to win considering how much possession we gave away although most of that would’ve been due to fatigue, so I’m not fussed on not winning. Missing two points seems trivial compared to the effort shown last night. It was a brave performance and will only serve as a guiding light to the younger players coming through as well as putting more pride into a jersey they hope to wear. SST escaped suspension and Sitilli and Lam are back. Hopefully Rads as well, so not all that bad. Gutted for Hutch as he was coming good.

If there’s a silver lining to this unlucky season, it’ll be we have quite a number of young blokes getting a chunk of first grade experience under their belts way more and before Robbo expected them to. It’ll hold us in good stead for next year. Walker is gonna have nearly a full year’s experience when he lines up next to Keary next season. Just think of that for a while. We’ve also unearthed another kicker in Keighran as well so let’s drink to a mighty club.

3. Teddy
2. JWH
1. Butcher

All deserve points. Happy rugbah loig!

3- Butcher
2- Benny M
1- JWH

Only having 39% of the ball compared to Parra's 61% was a telling factor backed up by the following- Chooks need higher completion rates and minimal errors and set restarts conceded. Defence needs to be better - still some players rushing out of the line.

Chooks weren't able to put pressure on the Parra defence due to poor ball control and field position - only 1 set restart.

Control the ball you control the field position -where you have the ball and where you give the ball to the opposition - of course controlling the ball can also lead to set restarts and consecutive sets and forced drop outs for repeat sets.

Set completions

Roosters 22 out of 33 -67%
Parra's 42 out of 49.- 86%

Set Restarts

Roosters - 1
Parra - 6

Forced drop outs

Roosters - 0
Parra - 4

Line Breaks

Roosters - 2
Parra - 3

Errors

Roosters - 17
Parra - 10

Tackles in opposition 20

Roosters - 8
Parra - 63

Tackles

Roosters - 425- 36 missed - 92%
Parra - 269 - 28 missed - 91%

Zadar

Juniors
3-JWH was our toughest kept us in the game on his own
2- butcher, has stood up this season when many thought he shouldn’t even be starting
1- marschke, tough bugger, and 4th string hooker, didn’t let anybody down.

3. Butcher
2. Jared
1. Ben

I agree with all of the above sentiments.

I am so proud with how the boys played the Eels on Friday. This team should make every Easts member, supporter and fan so happy.

It should have been a send off and sin bin for the two incidents in question respectively. Quite a disgrace!

Robbo was nothing but classy and professional in his presser. It would have been perfectly understandable if he had decided to unleash against this gross weakness and incompetence.

Parramatta probably should have lapped us. They have plenty of work to do. I don't think they have what it takes, quite frankly.

I still believe we will be more than competitive. Despite losing Drew, and not expecting Victor to return this week, we will get Lachlan and Sitili back. Our team has amazing resilience. No other club would handle this injury crisis as well as us. Discount us at your peril ladies and gentlemen.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Butch
2 - JWH
1 - Marshcke

It's all been said on the team's bravery - amazing. Sorry, but I just have this sinking feeling the Cowboys will get us this week. A couple of ominous signs in their performance last week and I reckon we may be a little flat...no Radley will hurt if that's what happens.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Butcher
2. JWH
1. Hutch

I’m not sure how long we can keep patching up holes in our starting sides. Geez we could do with a couple of months of stability.

Not much more to add re the performance against the Eels other than in reality we didn’t play well enough to win. If the ref decided to bin both parra players and we didn’t have a case of the dropsies then maybe, but we’ll never know.

total respect for Robbo the way he handled the presso.