What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, for f**k's sake!

Although, having said that, it doesn't necessarily mean he's being considered - perhaps he just applied for the job and we are taking all applications seriously.

But please don't go for a guy that has a terrible record, Parramatta. Please!

Chipmunk

Coach
Although, having said that, it doesn't necessarily mean he's being considered - perhaps he just applied for the job and we are taking all applications seriously.

But please don't go for a guy that has a terrible record, Parramatta. Please!

Yes, 4 Premierships is a disgracefully terrible record

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes, 4 Premierships is a disgracefully terrible record

He's been coaching for a hundred years.

And what has he done since 2005? How many times did the Tigers make the 8 under Sheens?

He's way past it, but if you think he's the right candidate for us, then I respectfully disagree enormously.

Chipmunk

Coach
He's been coaching for a hundred years.

And what has he done since 2005? How many times did the Tigers make the 8 under Sheens?

He's way past it, but if you think he's the right candidate for us, then I respectfully disagree enormously.

No I dont think he is the right option, I was just disagreeing with your comment that he has a poor record.

He has as good if not better record since 2005 than any of the other coaches we are also rumoured to be looking at, but none of them have 4 Premierships either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No I dont think he is the right option, I was just disagreeing with your comment that he has a poor record.

He has as good if not better record since 2005 than any of the other coaches we are also rumoured to be looking at, but none of them have 4 Premierships either.

I see what you're saying, and certainly his overall career record is impressive. He's certainly experienced.

But I think he'd be a bad fit for us.

It's good we interviewed him, if for no other reason than to show we are seriously considering all candidates. But I think Tim Sheens is the wrong fit for us, and Neil Henry has a sub-50% winning percentage for his entire career. Neither one would inspire much confidence in me.

It's a depressing situation to find ourselves in, to be honest. We deserve better.

Forty20

First Grade
Henry and Sheens were both forced out of their respective clubs after fairly serious stagnation. Neither could extract consistent results with much stronger rosters than what we have. If I was forced to chose, I would definitely take Henry over Sheen though.

A lot of the other choices in the poll present the similar problems; either unproven in the NRL or unwanted as head coaches by any other clubs.

There is plenty of support for JT here and he might be up to the task but Jim Dymock and Rick Stone are the two other names that catch my eye on that list.

In the end I will support whichever merkin we end up employing but it would be refreshing if whoever it was swept in and actually extracted some results from our mob in 2014.

Chipmunk

Coach
I see what you're saying, and certainly his overall career record is impressive. He's certainly experienced.

But I think he'd be a bad fit for us.

It's good we interviewed him, if for no other reason than to show we are seriously considering all candidates. But I think Tim Sheens is the wrong fit for us, and Neil Henry has a sub-50% winning percentage for his entire career. Neither one would inspire much confidence in me.

It's a depressing situation to find ourselves in, to be honest. We deserve better.

Well Jason Taylor does have the 3rd best winning percentage of all coaches in Parramatta's history.

eel01s

Bench
I voted for Taylor but I wouldn't mind Parish or Dymock. A definite no to Henry, Smith and Sheens.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
JT would be good or wouldve been good in 2007, next in line after Smith since he was there from 2001 till 2006 and coached the juniors in the lower grades.

Same with Anderson in 2011, one of the worst things this club ever did was get rid of him.

One name that hardly gets a mention when a team is looking for a coach, Rick Stone. Whether he wants to keep his current job as an assistant to Wayne Im not sure, but he did well at Newcastle, considering the players he had, took them to the finals twice.

Dymock wouldnt be a bad choice either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sheens??? really??? He has gone senile, those comps he won at Canberra a monkey could have won with and in 05 the best two sides choked. Ask Tiger fans what they think of him, Potter is copping plenty but he is only cleaning up Tommy Shines mess.

If the board were to sign him that would well and truly do me.

Forty20

First Grade
Sheens??? really??? He has gone senile, those comps he won at Canberra a monkey could have won with and in 05 the best two sides choked. Ask Tiger fans what they think of him, Potter is copping plenty but he is only cleaning up Tommy Shines mess.

If the board were to sign him that would well and truly do me.

141qjba.jpg

I feel like this GIF sums up our mutual feelings about the possibility of Sheens.

emjaycee

Coach
Personally I want someone who wants to be part of the Parra family.
Someone who has worn and bled for the Blue and Gold jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.