What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Draw Rounds 21 - 26 (Brisbane & Melbourne Away games)

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/78653

Parraeels.com.au said:
Round 21: vs Manly Sea Eagles 5.30pm Saturday August 3 at Parramatta Stadium. (Home game)
Round 22: vs Wests Tigers 7.35pm Friday August 9 at Parramatta Stadium. (Home game)
Round 23: vs Brisbane Broncos 7.35pm Friday August 16 at Suncorp Stadium
Round 24: vs Melbourne Storm 3pm Sunday August 25 at AAMI Park
Round 25: vs St George Illawarra Dragons 7pm Monday September 2 at ANZ Stadium (Home game)
Round 26: vs Newcastle Knights 3pm Sunday September 8 at Hunter Stadium

So to confirm that is
Fox
Nine,
Nine,
Nine
Fox
Nine (Danny Bedurus Retirement game and Nights old boys game).

oldmancraigy

Coach
How embarrassing.

The last placed team in the comp has 4 channel 9 games in the last 6 weeks.

Why are we playing the Dragons at ANZ and the Tigers at Parra Stadium?? Tigers game has been sold out for the past 4 years, the Dragons game only got a big crowd last year because of the multiple retirees on both sides...

Chipmunk

Coach
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/78653

So to confirm that is
Fox
Nine,
Nine,
Nine
Fox
Nine (Danny Bedurus Retirement game and Nights old boys game).

Is this draw serious or made up?

I cannot believe that Channel 9 would agree with Parra playing the Storm in Melbourne on a Sunday afternoon.

The fact that we have 4 games on free to air in the last 6 weeks is just mind boggling.

Is the NRL and Channel 9 seriously expecting the Hayne Plane to arrive and we give the comp a late season charge?

Seriously???

eels_fan

First Grade
Maybe 8 teams are going to get the ass by ASADA before seasons end?
That's the only way that draw makes sense

If your not going to pre-release the draw o maximise tv scheduling - the bottom few teams should be no-where near a channel 9 game! The only one maybe would be V Tigers

Chipmunk

Coach
So it looks like we wont get to the see the team play live in Rd 22 and 23 on 9 as the other game involves Souths v Melbourne and then Souths v Manly.

I dont watch non-live games so it looks like I will only get to see 2 of the last 6 games. Probably a good thing given our current form.

Once again, are they serious???

Tony Bongo

Bench
How embarrassing.

Why are we playing the Dragons at ANZ and the Tigers at Parra Stadium?? Tigers game has been sold out for the past 4 years, the Dragons game only got a big crowd last year because of the multiple retirees on both sides...

It's all about the dollars. They will sell out Parramatta Stadium against the Tigers and take the cash from ANZ for the game likely to produce less turnover. Looks like someone is more interested in accommodating away supporters more than our supporters. The Dragons fans would much prefer it to be at ANZ I'm sure and the Tigers would more than likely prefer Parra Stadium.

Someone

Bench
Its good to know when we lose.

sigh, i just want the finals to start already. so we dont have to play.

How embarrassing.

Exactly.

So our season has no Sunday afternoon games at home. Brilliant

fish eel

Immortal
It's all about the dollars. They will sell out Parramatta Stadium against the Tigers and take the cash from ANZ for the game likely to produce less turnover. Looks like someone is more interested in accommodating away supporters more than our supporters. The Dragons fans would much prefer it to be at ANZ I'm sure and the Tigers would more than likely prefer Parra Stadium.

We won't sell out the Tigers game. If we do, it'll be Wests fans.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
So it looks like we wont get to the see the team play live in Rd 22 and 23 on 9 as the other game involves Souths v Melbourne and then Souths v Manly.

I dont watch non-live games so it looks like I will only get to see 2 of the last 6 games. Probably a good thing given our current form.

Once again, are they serious???

Are you serious? Why does it matter if it's live or not? If it's the ads just record and start watching 1 hour later then you can skip the ads.

Exactly.

So our season has no Sunday afternoon games at home. Brilliant

I wanted to take my daughter but she is too young to go to night games. So she misses out again this year.

Suitman

Post Whore
We won't sell out the Tigers game. If we do, it'll be Wests fans.

We might go close though.
We've been getting a core of around 8-9000 to games (excluding away supporters). Tigers always bring an almost equal amount - hence the sell outs.
We'll go close to getting 18000 I reckon, and that is near enough to a sell out.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
That's a good tough draw leading into the semi finals, will put us in good stead for an assault on the title :cool:

Latest posts