What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels fans abuse other fans

Newtowneel

Juniors
Is it a fair cop to tell someone to sit down when they are the only ones standing up? does our code of conduct allow fans to challenge other fans to a fight because they had the temerity to tell others to sit down and stop obstructing the view of fellow fans

Is it a fair cop to tell someone to sit down when they are the only ones standing up? does our code of conduct allow fans to challenge other fans to a fight because they had the temerity to tell others to sit down and stop obstructing the view of fellow fans

So when you challenged him (her?) did he shut up? ;-)

I had a look an item 26* of the Eels fan Code of Conduct. Says it's ok, as long your challenge is expressed in pidgin English and you dribble a little bit while issuing it.

*Items 1-24 cover the appropriate way of going off half-cocked when a tabloid journalist writes a story with a misleading, sensational headline, half-truths, outright lies and extensive missing relevant facts. Item 25 requires that it always be some individual's fault.

jk13

First Grade
You needed to communicate your concerns in a PowerPoint presentation I.e seats on this slide are free to sit down or leave

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Nobody should stand at the footy. Everyone should remain seated and be careful not to make too much noise.

lingard

Coach
You pay good money for your seat. If some inconsiderate prick continually obstructs your view, you have the right to object. Would you tolerate someone standing up in a picture theatre?
Even at home watching television, if my wife stands up I shove her back in her seat (unless she's stood up to go and get me something.)

lingard

Coach

Seriously: Yes. And no.

lingard

Coach
This whole thing is very trivial - until it happens to you. Then it's absolutely a pain in the arse. You pay good money to watch the game - not some other bloke's back. In a picture theatre, an usherette would come and ask the person to sit down. We should have something like that. You shouldn't have to pay your money and then have to argue for your own rights, at the risk of getting into a fight over it. It's happened to me before (at Parramatta Stadium) and I ended up with a broken nose after the game. This idiot king-hit me as I was walking out of the ground.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I was at a Green Day Concert in 09 and a couple sitting in front of me did not, not even once get up off their seat during the 3hr gig. The people In front of them (like me and the rest of the crowd) were standing throughout the gig. I swear the couple would have seen bugger all

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
This whole thing is very trivial - until it happens to you. Then it's absolutely a pain in the arse. You pay good money to watch the game - not some other bloke's back. In a picture theatre, an usherette would come and ask the person to sit down. We should have something like that. You shouldn't have to pay your money and then have to argue for your own rights, at the risk of getting into a fight over it. It's happened to me before (at Parramatta Stadium) and I ended up with a broken nose after the game. This idiot king-hit me as I was walking out of the ground.

What a wanker.

The worst ones are the dickheads who stand on the stairs during NYC, or when Wenty plays beforehand. That many times i have had to politely ask someone to move or sit down, and you get the old "It's only reserve grade/Twenties"

Yeah, i know it is mate, that's why i'm here early to watch it you farrrrkwit :x

The Engineers Room

First Grade
What a wanker.

The worst ones are the dickheads who stand on the stairs during NYC, or when Wenty plays beforehand. That many times i have had to politely ask someone to move or sit down, and you get the old "It's only reserve grade/Twenties"

Yeah, i know it is mate, that's why i'm here early to watch it you farrrrkwit :x

I totally agree. I go to watch all the games. Last night the footy doubles guy was in my way.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Parra fans are the worst.

Constant statements that Hayne is better than Dugan is not only inaccurate, it's libellous.

The club really needs to address it.