What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels fans to take on board as front office farrago rolls on

Stagger eel

Staff member
The bloodletting at the Eels continues after Parramatta Leagues Club boss Bob Bentley was sensationally sacked by the wooden-spooners. Bentley, who was also the chief executive of the NRL club for about a year, was summarily dismissed after a board meeting on Saturday.
Peter McEvoy has been installed in an interim role. Just weeks after a dozen players were told to pack their bags, Bentley was frogmarched over alleged misconduct. Leagues Club operations manager Tony Cinque was also punted. Bentley is considering his legal options amid concerns the move was politically motivated. His departure follows that of football club CEO Ken Edwards since the ParraFirst ticket swept to power at the board elections in May.
''My contract has been terminated by the board without any compensation,'' Bentley said. ''Given the circumstances, I'll be considering my legal options going forward.'' The bottom line of the leagues club has continued to improve during Bentley's tenure, growing a profit of about $1.3 million to about $5.3m in his three years at the helm. ''It's a great club and I've been honoured to be the CEO,'' Bentley said. ''It's been a privilege to have been able to make a substantial contribution to the financial results of the club; to put it on a platform for success in the future.'' The ParraFirst ticket came to power promising a swift change in fortunes for long-suffering supporters, but the Eels have lost all eight matches since they held the numbers on the board. A group of disaffected supporters have already put together a petition calling for an extraordinary general meeting with a view to passing a no-confidence motion in the new board. They have gathered the 100 signatures required for that to happen and have threatened to storm Eels headquarters next weekend if new chairman Steve Sharp doesn't stand down. It's understood Parramatta legend Ray Price is considering lending his support. Sharp told Crikey in May: ''There will be no mass sackings as has occurred previously.'' Some politically active fans brought Parra4Ever placards, backing the previous regime, to Friday night's loss to Canterbury. Even the Bulldogs mascot was spotted brandishing the sign

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-fans-to-take-on-board-as-frontoffice

bartman

Immortal
Sounds like we need a petition and an urgent fan forum... am I rite fellas? :lol:

mrt_spec

Juniors
Lol alright.

Is jake leading the rally.

We really do deserve these spoons.

100% spot on, if these 3p stooges actually get on this and manage to do it then we deserve the spoon and another one next year.

Bentley was closely aligned with Spags, looks like they gave him a chance to prove that he has the clubs interest first and he failed the test.

Good riddance.

Eels Dude

Coach
Geez what a rabble lol. I can only laugh. Love to see who it is that is going 'Storm Eels Headquarters' any guess who it is, anyone on here or perhaps some former officials?

The bloodletting at the Eels continues after Parramatta Leagues Club boss Bob Bentley was sensationally sacked by the wooden-spooners. Bentley, who was also the chief executive of the NRL club for about a year, was summarily dismissed after a board meeting on Saturday.
Peter McEvoy has been installed in an interim role. Just weeks after a dozen players were told to pack their bags, Bentley was frogmarched over alleged misconduct. Leagues Club operations manager Tony Cinque was also punted. Bentley is considering his legal options amid concerns the move was politically motivated. His departure follows that of football club CEO Ken Edwards since the ParraFirst ticket swept to power at the board elections in May.
''My contract has been terminated by the board without any compensation,'' Bentley said. ''Given the circumstances, I'll be considering my legal options going forward.'' The bottom line of the leagues club has continued to improve during Bentley's tenure, growing a profit of about $1.3 million to about $5.3m in his three years at the helm. ''It's a great club and I've been honoured to be the CEO,'' Bentley said. ''It's been a privilege to have been able to make a substantial contribution to the financial results of the club; to put it on a platform for success in the future.'' The ParraFirst ticket came to power promising a swift change in fortunes for long-suffering supporters, but the Eels have lost all eight matches since they held the numbers on the board. A group of disaffected supporters have already put together a petition calling for an extraordinary general meeting with a view to passing a no-confidence motion in the new board. They have gathered the 100 signatures required for that to happen and have threatened to storm Eels headquarters next weekend if new chairman Steve Sharp doesn't stand down. It's understood Parramatta legend Ray Price is considering lending his support. Sharp told Crikey in May: ''There will be no mass sackings as has occurred previously.'' Some politically active fans brought Parra4Ever placards, backing the previous regime, to Friday night's loss to Canterbury. Even the Bulldogs mascot was spotted brandishing the sign

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-fans-to-take-on-board-as-frontoffice

I was a believer in the plumber but just like the rest of you he's let me down. They've conned us. They have terminated contract before the due dates just like poor Ando got treated. Disgusting and very unprofessional.

#sacktheboard

bartman

Immortal
Love to see who it is that is going 'Storm Eels Headquarters' any guess who it is, anyone on here or perhaps some former officials?
Possibly some hysterical forum members from here, maybe the ones that called for petitions and urgent fan forums immediately after the Board election results... ;-)

Latest posts