What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Matto has punished the club more then himself.

Fans are pissed because of the selfishness of it all.

Even if it got reversed it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him.

He showed where his priorities were and only realised later on what an absolute fool he was.

But the horse has bolted.

We have a tough start to the year and hopefully we are 3-0 to start the year and it doesn't cost us.
Stop gloating and being so angry lol.

By the way spot on mate it’s what most open minded Eels fans feel.

Gronk

Staff member
Punish him?? lol what are you on???

It’s the NRL that punished him even though he was going to teach them a lesson.

He put himself ahead of the club, his teammates and us fans. It’s really quite simple surely some with an open mind would get it.
Just like Matto with the NRL, you sure showed me. Might be time for a gif???
Stop gloating and being so angry lol.

By the way spot on mate it’s what most open minded Eels fans feel.
You're doing that heckling from the stands thing again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're doing that heckling from the stands thing again.
And you’re doing that adding nothing to the conversation again, you have no problem with him putting himself ahead of the club. Good for you!! Thankfully most Eels fans are pissed at his actions.

Gronk

Staff member
And you’re doing that adding nothing to the conversation again, you have no problem with him putting himself ahead of the club. Good for you!! Thankfully most Eels fans are pissed at his actions.
You argue that you have no agenda to wanting him punished, yet post this.

My position was always that a change of decision impacts nobody, yet you seem to be oblivious to this premise. You're so focused on the "selfish" aspect of the 24hrs that followed the judiciary decision, that you can't bring yourself to think clearly about anything else. That is clear.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You argue that you have no agenda to wanting him punished, yet post this.

My position was always that a change of decision impacts nobody, yet you seem to be oblivious to this premise. You're so focused on the "selfish" aspect of the 24hrs that followed the judiciary decision, that you can't bring yourself to think clearly about anything else. That is clear.
He was always being f**king punished you deadset struggler, he plead guilty to the charge. He just refused to pay the fine and decided to miss 3 weeks which is what we are all pissed about.

If he thought he did nothing wrong he should have fought the charge. And if he did nothing wrong why did he try and backtrack the decision??? Are the club and his team mates gloating and angry as well???

Gronk

Staff member
He was always being f**king punished you deadset struggler, he plead guilty to the charge. He just refused to pay the fine and decided to miss 3 weeks which is what we are all pissed about.

If he thought he did nothing wrong he should have fought the charge. And if he did nothing wrong why did he try and backtrack the decision??? Are the club and his team mates gloating and angry as well???
We are not even talking about the same thing anymore.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Shame that the NRL haven't changed their decision but it is what it is. Matto chose what he believed was right, doubled down, and then realised he made a mistake. He tried to correct that mistake but has been denied. What he has to do now is make sure he continues to strive to be his best for the rest of the season.

I don't understand those who want to continue to put the boot in, I also don't understand those who thought the decision should be changed. Yes there is time in between games but it's unfair to those that are suspended in non-GF games. I hope that if/when the NRL has a similar situation they have the same ruling but I doubt they will.

King-Gutho94

Coach
On the Suaalii article we are only a chance if Moses pulls the pin and goes to Tigers.

Then we would have to offer 1.5 million a season to come here and still probably wouldn't happen.

I would still roll the dice on that anyway and give it a crack to try and sign him if Moses leaves we can always move Gutho to 5/8 if it went that way.

Noise

Coach
Do you think it should be and we all agree there’s nothing at all that should be improved?
I don’t think it needs to be improved. Every merkin that gets charged has until Tuesday to make his decision which is either plead guilty (take the fine or suspension) or fight the charge at judiciary.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t think it needs to be improved. Every merkin that gets charged has until Tuesday to make his decision which is either plead guilty (take the fine or suspension) or fight the charge at judiciary.
Do players charged on Friday have the same time to plead as players charged Sunday (or even the occasional Monday)?

But the bigger issue to me is why are expediatory fines even required, especially when the alternative punishment doesn’t seem to correlate.

And that’s on top of the subjectivity/inconsistency of the MRC/judiciary.

Latest posts