What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

the phantom menace

First Grade
No I quite clearly stated this week’s game matters for no other reason than because it’s worth two points. People looking for revenge or trying to tie the result to the ability of the coach will be the exceptions.
I think the discussion in the thread was about the importance of said two points - being 1-3 rather than 0-4, morale/motivation/incentivation - to the success of the season.

But we can agree to disgaree that these particular two points are more meaningful to our 2023 chances than any of the other random two points on offer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the discussion in the thread was about the importance of said two points - being 1-3 rather than 0-4, morale/motivation/incentivation - to the success of the season.

But we can agree to disgaree that these particular two points are more meaningful to our 2023 chances than any of the other random two points on offer.
The article I quoted implied these two points were about whether our coach was able to exact revenge for the grand final, not whether we would just pick up two points on the ladder.

Rocket man

Juniors
They wanted to pay the fine so they don't miss out on playing.

For the nrl, the stars stay on the field
That's why I'm suggesting a yellow card system in place of fines.
One grade 1 incident does not mean a suspension but 2 or 3 over several games does.
The players slate could be wiped after say 10 games. Similar to soccer.

yy_cheng

Coach
That's why I'm suggesting a yellow card system in place of fines.
One grade 1 incident does not mean a suspension but 2 or 3 over several games does.
The players slate could be wiped after say 10 games. Similar to soccer.
But the fine system allows them a way to fund Life after footy for players without dipping into their (NRL's) pockets.

If they follow your suggestion, they'll have to allocate some of their budget to fund the Life after footy fund.

The current way, NRL players arent suspended, fans get to watch their players run around more and theirs funding for life after footy, then that budget (which was to be reserved for life after footy if there was no fine system) can go back to the teams in grants so it appears the teams get more money, they raise the salary cap so players get more, etc.

so if the players are good boys, they win by playing more and getting more money

Rocket man

Juniors
But the fine system allows them a way to fund Life after footy for players without dipping into their (NRL's) pockets.

If they follow your suggestion, they'll have to allocate some of their budget to fund the Life after footy fund.

The current way, NRL players arent suspended, fans get to watch their players run around more and theirs funding for life after footy, then that budget (which was to be reserved for life after footy if there was no fine system) can go back to the teams in grants so it appears the teams get more money, they raise the salary cap so players get more, etc.

so if the players are good boys, they win by playing more and getting more

so if the players are good boys, they win by playing more and getting more money
Where do you get your information?
I can't find anything on what happens to the fines for match indiscretions.

yy_cheng

Coach
Gee how you can listen to that dribbler Michael Clarke.

A colleague told me he brings cricket into every conversation even if it involves rugby league.
I listen to it when i drive to work. It is footy so to pick up any footy news. Gutho is on every Wednesday but he is quite diplomatic so dont get anything new from him which isnt in LU Lol!

yy_cheng

Coach
Gee how you can listen to that dribbler Michael Clarke.

A colleague told me he brings cricket into every conversation even if it involves rugby league.
He was the Capt of Australia and he tries to put it into another perspective. He's ok. They talk shit alot so that can be funny

King-Gutho94

Coach
I listen to it when i drive to work. It is footy so to pick up any footy news. Gutho is on every Wednesday but he is quite diplomatic so dont get anything new from him which isnt in LU Lol!
Put Vossy on sen 1170 mate.

Better quality footy chat for mine.

Brandy can be a bit of pain but he is better on the radio then on TV.