What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

Tyler Durden

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:
The club continues to neglect its most prized asset. They take us for granted.

so at this stage, we have 10 games at parra and 2 games about 10 minutes down the M4.
and how is the club taking the fans for granted by moving the games to a bigger ground so MORE fans can attend ?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I'll tell you how:

a) not seeing if the fans wanted this
b) not even bothering to listen to the fans voice ever.
c) telling pork pies about the real reasons.
d) this is not a one-off, they simply don't give a sh*t, and have continued to take us for granted for years.

Actually, it might be that rather than taking us for granted they simply don't realise just how sh*t they are at doing things.

You really think that many more fans will turn up? It'll fit more Dogs fans, that's about it.
As for Saints, we hardly need a bigger stadium for that game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
Why all the bullsh*t about the fans then? It would be more respectful to the fans to tell the real story, instead of selling us his bs.

I understand if they think they need to do it, but I don't trust the f**ker.

He doesn't care about us, and in my opinion that means we aren't a club, we are purely a business.

I want a club that is a business, not a business that is pretending to be a club.

We need fan representation on the board (even if its only to understand why decisions are made), and we need a new board. I hate these merkins. It's obvious why Price, Sterlo, Kenny don't want to go back there, the man leading the club has no heart.

The club continues to neglect its most prized asset. They take us for granted.

they're obviously going to talk up the Telstra thing but what Fitzy isn't saying to people is that LC is struggling big time at the moment and football club needs to find alternative ways to gain revenue rather being LC dependent, whether that's in the form of private ownership, a membership drive, sponsership drive or taking 2 games to Telstra stadium, what ever the case may be we can be sit on our hands depending on funds from the leagues club who are currently in a situation where they are fighting a losing battle with the pokie tax and the new smoking laws.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
So if the fans told the club that we wanted Ben Kusto back they should listen?

Did Souths get opinions or WT from its fans when they shifted to Telstra?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:

good point, I don't think those clubs went to their members for a porposal, you can also add St George Illawarra in that equation, geographically it probably would of made sence to move their games to the SFS.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:
You really think that many more fans will turn up? It'll fit more Dogs fans, that's about it.
As for Saints, we hardly need a bigger stadium for that game.

yep.
big year for league next year with the centenary celebrations.
we're going to need big grounds.

anyway, the real test will be to see what sort of crowds the game draws.
if we draw 20,000+ then fitzy is a genius for moving the games
if we draw less than 20,000, fitzy is an idiot who takes the fans for granted and will probably never move from parra ever again.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:

Oh Ben Kusto is a great example. Your ability to take conversations on pointless tangents knows no bounds.

Did I say that they had to do everything the fans said? NO, I said they never listen to the fans voice.

I have no idea if Souths have a fan representation on their board. I'll tell you something though, PHaC comes across as much more approachable than the guy we've got.

Hey, how's this - PHaC and Rusty have said that the club will never be complete until all the old verterans return. Do you reckon you'll ever hear Fitzy say such things about our old players? Of course not, because he doesn't give two sh*ts.

I know all of Souths members got to vote as to whether they should privatise. Do we get vote on anything?

fish eel

Immortal
what a load of bollocks imo.

Sure, sth are gonna be offered 'seats', so we bloody should considering they've bumped up prices.

And oh, I note they announced this AFTER they sent out season ticket renewals, dont think this is mentioned in the brochure, might have to check.

bollocks.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
eelavation said:
good point, I don't think those clubs went to their members for a porposal, you can also add St George Illawarra in that equation, geographically it probably would of made sence to move their games to the SFS.

Saints had discussions with the fans about moving back to Kogarah, and they listened. Now it is getting an upgrade, and they had to move next year's games for that.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
fish eel said:
And oh, I note they announced this AFTER they sent out season ticket renewals, dont think this is mentioned in the brochure, might have to check.

Exactly.

Taking us for granted.

As I said, why didn't they offer two season tickets, one with the telstra games, one without?

Because they're merkins, that's why.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
Saints had discussions with the fans about moving back to Kogarah, and they listened. Now it is getting an upgrade, and they had to move next year's games for that.

Kogorah is their spiritual ground..

ass mentioned before did they take it to the mebers as to whether they would chose to go to the SFS rather than go to Telstra??

Stagger eel

Staff member
by the way B-Tron I read the media release and I'm still trying assertain where Fitzy is bullsh*tting???? the facilities for STH's are far superior than those we have at Parra and we have a golden opportunity to have post match functions at Telstra, something we haven't had for a couple of seasons.

fish eel

Immortal
I just looked at my season ticket application form (chucked the brochure already), and no, no mention of this on the application/renewal form.

So they bump the prices up, take our money, then tell us they're moving games and that we're on our way to becoming one of those souless clubs that play out of a half empty spiritless stadium.

There's nothing wrong with having a great boutique home ground that gets sold out once or twice a year and packed to the rafters. But hey, let's not worry about, lets chase a fast buck no matter what the cost.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
by the way B-Tron I read the media release and I'm still trying assertain where Fitzy is bullsh*tting???? the facilities for STH's are far superior than those we have at Parra and we have a golden opportunity to have post match functions at Telstra, something we haven't had for a couple of seasons.

EEla, there is no real reason whatsoever why they cant have a function at Parramatta leagues Club. They've done it many, many times before.

In fact, the reasons that have been given to supporters as to why we no longer have post match funcions, ie need to warm down etc dont disappear by going to telstra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
I just looked at my season ticket application form (chucked the brochure already), and no, no mention of this on the application/renewal form.

So they bump the prices up, take our money, then tell us they're moving games and that we're on our way to becoming one of those souless clubs that play out of a half empty spiritless stadium.

There's nothing wrong with having a great boutique home ground that gets sold out once or twice a year and packed to the rafters. But hey, let's not worry about, lets chase a fast buck no matter what the cost.

were we a souless club when we took a home game to another country??

Nikki

Coach
eelavation said:
if there was a choice between moving one game to NZ or 2 games to TS I know which option I would choose.

for 4 or 5 seasons we've had to deal with moving a Home match to Wellington and yet we seem to have not mind at all, as TD says it's the sign of the times and although we'll never move from our spiritial ground it wouldn't surprise me if we move half our home games there within 5 years.

Maybe its a double standard, but I didnt mind this at all. It was planned out, you werent charged for it in the season tickets, and it took the game to ppl who wouldnt normally get to see it (there are alot of Eels fans in NZ).

Taking 2 games to a stadium just down the road is just silly. Besides the whole money side of things I really dont see how this benefits us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
EEla, there is no real reason whatsoever why they cant have a function at Parramatta leagues Club. They've done it many, many times before.

In fact, the reasons that have been given to supporters as to why we no longer have post match funcions, ie need to warm down etc dont disappear by going to telstra.

as much as i agree with that, the arguement is done to death and no way they'll justify it, atleast now they don't have an excuse if they refuse to have one when we do go to Telstra.