What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so assuming we continue on with this shitty form till the end of the season, we should expect BA to be given his marching orders, although I believe he is still under contract for next season.

So, whom do we think should be our next coach ?

And who should be his assistants ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bellamy and whoever the f**k he wants as his assistants.

Bring Munster and Papenhuizen across as well.

TheRam

Coach
I've answered this question already. But here you go again.

Who I think our next NRL coach should be.

What I would do if and when BA fails to win us a Premiership at the end of this season is go and try and convince Tim Sheens to be our next coach for two seasons. Hand him the keys to this Ferrari and tell him we are all in with whatever he needs. But I would also ask him if he would take Cameron Ciraldo as his understudy just like Wayne Bennett had Jason Demetriou at Souths.

I think that Ciraldo would go for it knowing that he would be guaranteed the NRL job at the end of it and the opportunity to be mentored by someone else that is also a great premiership coach that knows more about the game then almost anyone else at present and that it would round off his coaching apprenticeship just perfectly before he stepped into the big shoes.

Then also after the two seasons that Sheens has been coach I would tell Sheens that we have a Director of Junior Football job waiting for him that he can step right into. He is brilliant at setting up a club at all the lower levels and junior development and identification, but without all the fan fair and nonsense that Gus offers with it. I would offer him a 3 year contract with a 2 year club option. Also he and Mark O'Neill are old mates and I believe would probably work well together. I think that if we did it right we would have a good chance to get both and have a very strong coaching brains trust that could take us to the next level.

Also I think we should recommend to both Sheens and Ciraldo that if they like and agreed we take Trent Barrett on board when the Bulldogs spear him as our Attack coach, then we would have the 2 guys that helped Penrith get to play the way they do now. That would be a pretty formidable 3 pronged coaching team wouldn't it? Also if we kept consultants like Michael Ennis and brought others of similar quality on, we would be surrounding the squad with more knowledge and success then this club has had in its coaching ranks for quite a while.

If we couldn't convince Sheens to leave the Tigers(it would be very disappointing if we we couldn't) then I would offer Ciraldo the head coaching job straight away and and ask him if he wants Barrett when he is available. But for our current team I feel Sheens would give us a slightly better chance of nailing a premiership due to his formidable knowledge and experience. Not saying Ciraldo couldn't get us there though, just that Sheens has that experience and won't make any rookie mistakes that no matter how good a young coach is will invariably they make because of that lack of NRL experience. It takes a few seasons for all coaches to get it bedded down more or less.

Anyway that is what I would do and I think if anything like that were to happen we would be in brilliant hands for the next 5-10 years and be a very attractive club to come to. However this is all pie in the sky stuff and I can't see our club having this kind of forward thinking. I think they will ride out BA's contract and then react and hope there is someone of quality to appoint, but by then I think Ciraldo will be at the Dogs and they wouldn't dream of Sheens being part of this club, even though in my opinion he is probably the best coach that isn't coaching at present, with more experience then almost anyone in the game and knows how to win premierships and a great judge of footballers.

He is a man manager and knows what footballers want and need to get them playing to the best of their abilities. All he needs is the cattle and boy do we have the cattle for him right now. They just need someone of his quality and experience to get them to the finished product before it is to late.

TheRam

Coach
When we turn up and either beat or give the ruff a scare next week (dont laugh, its what we do), every f**ker will have to backtrack

Why, it will prove nothing other then what most already know, which is we are hot and cold. Not a great formula for success.

Winning against the Panthers will convince no one of anything other then just that.

Losing though will only strengthen most critics opinions, including mine, that we are light years away from a lap of honour.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Im not saying its good .... but seems the majority of parra fans flip n flop with the wind.

We arent as shit as last night ... and we arent premiership contenders. But parra fans seem to swing between the two mindsets.

We wear our hearts on our sleeves, damn it!

But tbh, Brad just doesn't have it in him to win us a title, imo.

I'm happy for him to serve out his contract - we should be grateful to move away from sacking coaches -, but we need fresh blood, imo.

If only we still had Ryan Carr...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I am not sure who is available, but here are some options I think would work:

John Morris - I thought he did well at Cronulla with an average roster; the Sharks performed quite well when he was in charge imo

Ryan Carr - unlikely, as he just signed to coach in the UK, but he knows our systems, and his teams play attractive footy

Paul McGregor - he's a consultant with us already, and I always thought he did a reasonably good job at St George

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Im not saying its good .... but seems the majority of parra fans flip n flop with the wind.

We arent as shit as last night ... and we arent premiership contenders. But parra fans seem to swing between the two mindsets.
Exactly.

TheRam

Coach

That's because our team are flipping and flopping you boofhead.

What do you expect? It's footy, not supporting your child no matter what they smear on their genitals and cuddle the pet rabbit.

You rabbit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I am not sure who is available, but here are some options I think would work:

John Morris - I thought he did well at Cronulla with an average roster; the Sharks performed quite well when he was in charge imo

Ryan Carr - unlikely, as he just signed to coach in the UK, but he knows our systems, and his teams play attractive footy

Paul McGregor - he's a consultant with us already, and I always thought he did a reasonably good job at St George
f**k me sideways.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That's because our team are flipping and flopping you boofhead.

What do you expect? It's footy, not supporting your child no matter what they smear on their genitals and cuddle the pet rabbit.

You rabbit.
We are never as good or as bad as most fans think we are. The reactions are always over the top.

krodsorin

Juniors

Supporting this team has taken a toll on our mental health.

TheRam

Coach

Oh so now we aren't even contenders.

Most of you apologist had us having some chance just a day or two ago.

Swingers much?

Hypocrite.

krodsorin

Juniors
Oh so now we aren't even contenders.

Most of you apologist had us having some chance just a day or two ago.

Swingers much?

Hypocrite.
To be fair we are struggling for players with the injuries but still coaching can surely field a better team than what we did... They still have spots in top 30 for players.

We will likely still make top 4 if no more critical injuries.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bea isn’t going anywhere, he’s signed for two more years after this one, we will scrap into the top 8 and probably win week 1 and that is more than enough to keep your job at Parra. It will probably earn him an extension, rinse and repeat for the next decade.