What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

TheRam

Coach
We are never as good or as bad as most fans think we are. The reactions are always over the top.

Live with it mate. It's called footy.

Oh the reaction by many of us so called over the top reactors is more then justified when we put in performances like that. I didn't even watch the second half and I fast forwarded about 15 minutes of the 1st half. I almost always watch Parra games on about an hour delay, just for anticipation of games like last night. I can't bare watch them bumble and stubble their way to a loss. I'm over our mediocrity. If we don't win I don't watch Life's to short. The Dogs v Roosters game prior was much more enjoyable though. I watched almost all of that and did very little fast forwarding for that one.

However the realisation that another season of being also rans is staring us in the face once again and is very hard to take after 36 years and counting.

So please cut people a little slack already.

strider

Post Whore
Oh so now we aren't even contenders.

Most of you apologist had us having some chance just a day or two ago.

Swingers much?

Hypocrite.
f**k me ... you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

TheRam

Coach
We are never as good or as bad as most fans think we are. The reactions are always over the top.

Probable Grand Final victors is how good we think we are and should be. Anything short of that and we aren't going to be happy.

Was last nights performance premiership glory making stuff?

So we aren't overreacting at all when we expect a GF winning team this year and we play like that and all this coach is delivering is false belief and expectation with a side order of woeful performance along the way before we get bundled out once again.

Gronk

Staff member
That Cameron guy from Penrith
Well yeah, he’s the next guy up now that Fitzy is taken. Everyone knows that.

Unsure if he is an automatic success option, cos you know, we got the next guy up before and you know how that turned out.

Some guys are just good at being assistants. It’s possible that Barrett is the same.

1651372908603.jpeg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Probable Grand Final victors is how good we think we are and should be. Anything short of that and we aren't going to be happy.

Was last nights performance premiership glory making stuff?

So we aren't overreacting at all when we expect a GF winning team this year and we play like that and all this coach is delivering is false belief and expectation with a side order of woeful performance along the way before we get bundled out once again.
I get it. You are a passionate fan.

Don’t try and bullshit me and pretend you are rational though.

lucablight

First Grade
Im not saying its good .... but seems the majority of parra fans flip n flop with the wind.

We arent as shit as last night ... and we arent premiership contenders. But parra fans seem to swing between the two mindsets.
Why aren’t we premiership contenders? We should be no?

Next coach after BA? Maybe make a big play for Kristian Woolf - an Aussie who has won two Super League Grand FInals from two seasons with St Helens (as well as last year's knock-out Cup) and is the long term Tonga coach.

I think he's off contract for next season... probably worth paying out BA's final year to give this guy a five year crack, if he's looking to get back home...?

TheRam

Coach
Well yeah, he’s the next guy up now that Fitzy is taken. Everyone knows that.

Unsure if he is an automatic success option, cos you know, we got the next guy up before and you know how that turned out.

Some guys are just good at being assistants. It’s possible that Barrett is the same.

View attachment 60970

Of course Barrett is the same. He has proven it for a few years now and at two different clubs. Ciraldo is still Schrodinger's Cat.

Rocket man

Juniors
We wear our hearts on our sleeves, damn it!

But tbh, Brad just doesn't have it in him to win us a title, imo.

I'm happy for him to serve out his contract - we should be grateful to move away from sacking coaches -, but we need fresh blood, imo.

If only we still had Ryan Carr...
Where is he going?

strider

Post Whore
Why aren’t we premiership contenders? We should be no?
Right now only penrith and melbourne seem to be clear contenders .....

we had a shit night ... i would probably even say we had a normal "Darwin night" and the cowboys had a good one. We obviously totally rolled over at the end to let it be a blowout.

Im not trying to say we werent f**ked .... but its May and we are 4th. So obviously all other teams except 2 are all over the place too.

Latest posts