What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Avenger

Immortal
Something Gould said in his 100% footy stood out to me. He said he told Trent Barrett not to take the Manly or Bulldogs jobs as he's not a Manly or Bulldogs boy and no one will protect him when things turn sour.

Am I to understand from this that BA has lasted so long because one of the criteria's is that he's a Parra boy and more importantly the next coach must be as well? By this logic, we'd have no coaches on our hand except Morris.
I’d take John Morris over an untested coach like Ciraldo.

Noise

Coach
Something Gould said in his 100% footy stood out to me. He said he told Trent Barrett not to take the Manly or Bulldogs jobs as he's not a Manly or Bulldogs boy and no one will protect him when things turn sour.

Am I to understand from this that BA has lasted so long because one of the criteria's is that he's a Parra boy and more importantly the next coach must be as well? By this logic, we'd have no coaches on our hand except Morris.
Shane Flanagan, Jim Dymock (not that I’d want him)

TheRam

Coach
As I have posted before in detail, my preferred option would be a Sheens/Ciraldo combo with Ciraldo taking over after 2 years and Sheens taking up a football Development Managers position.

If that can't happen, then I would go with Ciraldo if we are willing to give a virgin a go or if not then I would give it to Flanagan. Flanagan is a hell of a coach and develops players at all levels.

Have we sacked BA yet? Time is running out. We will probably end up with Green who doesn't have a great record for getting along with his players and not the best player development history either.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If we were to consider a change I reckon Slater might be worth considering. A true professional who no doubt will be hugely successful at SOO. Yep Slater.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we were to consider a change I reckon Slater might be worth considering. A true professional who no doubt will be hugely successful at SOO. Yep Slater.
Unfortunately I agree with you. But I reckon we are more chance of winning a comp under BA then Billy slater ever being considered for a parramatta coaching gig.

Billy will bide his time for Bellamy to retire to takeover and keep Melbourne humming as a powerhouse and haunt us for another 20 years.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Unfortunately I agree with you. But I reckon we are more chance of winning a comp under BA then Billy slater ever being considered for a parramatta coaching gig.

Billy will bide his time for Bellamy to retire to takeover and keep Melbourne humming as a powerhouse and haunt us for another 20 years.
I think as the Melbourne Storm Golden Generation gets into the power circles in NRL, I might have to give up on all things NRL except games involving Eels. I just can't bear watching their mugs on TV every weekend.

84 Baby

Referee

Or he’ll learn from Sterlo and just keep his cushy Nine gig, and like Fittler do Origin on the side.

hindy111

Post Whore
Meninga has coached a shitload of QLD Origin victories. We should get him!

We won't be moving on from BA untill atleast end of 2023 and that would be if it was a disaster. I reckon he will see out his contract. This discussion is kind of pointless.

Latest posts