What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels sign Josh Papalii

ceagle

Bench
As reported by Weidler on 9 news

He said it was confirmed but with his track record I would wait for an announcement.

Beetlejuice

Juniors
Parramatta are a joke. Losing players is one thing, but losing them like this is horrible. A club paying overs and making it impossible for Canberra to match them. Good luck buying a Premiership. Canberra will just keep producing great juniors.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm disappointed as I believe he has buckets of potential but if he's been signed away for more money that's life.

aqua_duck

Coach
Parramatta are a joke. Losing players is one thing, but losing them like this is horrible. A club paying overs and making it impossible for Canberra to match them. Good luck buying a Premiership. Canberra will just keep producing great juniors.

$330k for Papalii is a bargain considering what they paid for Sanderp

Iafeta

Referee
"I'm fully committed to Queensland bro."

"I'm just ignoring the hype now bro."

"Ahh shucks Ricky's a good bloke eh bro, but I think I'm still Queensland for life."

"The pressure is hard bro, just let me be and it'll work out..."

"It'll be an honour to represent the Blues, bro. Ricky's a good bloke."

Johns Magic

Referee
Exactly what Parra need, their backrow is sorely lacking. Well done to them if true, a shame for the Raiders but they'll move on.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Wankobahs a spastic so ill wait for real confirmation.

But sucks if its true. Papas one of my fav players but no way we could match the stupid money offered so cant fault him for taking it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yeah I mean Parra have never lost promising juniors to other clubs paying overs :roll:

Beetlejuice

Juniors
yeah I mean Parra have never lost promising juniors to other clubs paying overs :roll:

How many clubs in recent years has gone after as many players as Parramatta have? Look at all the money you are willing to spend in order to bring players in. Parramatta has been crap for so long, and they think they can just buy their way out.

Say what you will about Canberra, but our club truly is bred not bought.

Before anyone mentions it; yes Papalii was born in N.Z and played junior footy in Queensland, but he player for a Canberra's feeder club Souths Logan.

Latest posts