What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels take to streets

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-take-to-streets/story-e6frfgbo-1225825667345

Eels take to streets

* By Tyson Otto
* February 02, 2010 12:00AM

IT'S little wonder Parramatta have experienced the biggest surge in ticketed memberships this year when star players are given membership packs and told not to return to club headquarters until they've been sold.

Last week powerhouse forward Fuifui Moimoi and utility Feleti Mateo strolled along Church St in Parramatta trying to flog two packages as part of the club's super-charged membership drive.

The Eels now have 5612 members after they attracted just 3704 for the entire 2009 season - an increase of more than 50 per cent.

It's not just their brilliant finish to 2009 that has Eels fans jumping for memberships.

Moimoi and Mateo's tale is just one example of players wanting to get involved in their club's membership drive, with the NRL offering $50,000 to the first NSW-based club that cracks the 10,000 mark.

On February 28, the club will host another fan day at Parramatta Town Hall where players will spruik members' packages.

South Sydney currently lead the membership race with more than 8500 packages sold.

parra_jesus

Juniors
great marketing idea. i personally wouldnt be able to say no to a membership package if a member of the eels squad approached me. i also got a facebook msg from Etu Uaisele telling me to join the bga squad. im currently living overseas but once i get back i will def be getting season tickets

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
great marketing idea. i personally wouldnt be able to say no to a membership package if a member of the eels squad approached me. i also got a facebook msg from Etu Uaisele telling me to join the bga squad. im currently living overseas but once i get back i will def be getting season tickets
Wow, really?

Etu must have been told to get the word out! :lol: Good on him!

Gaffman

Juniors
Guys i'm up in Brisbane, but i'd like to be a member of some sort. Haven't had a big look at the options but i think the Blue Blood non ticketed membership might be the way to go?

Suitman

Post Whore
Guys i'm up in Brisbane, but i'd like to be a member of some sort. Haven't had a big look at the options but i think the Blue Blood non ticketed membership might be the way to go?

That's the one - unless you can get to a few home games, the the Regional Eels membership might be the way to go.

Suity

Haynzy

First Grade

That's the one I got (i'm in adelaide).

I think there is one you can get if you are only able to get to a few games ie in Bris/Gold coast, and it includes the Blue Blood membership.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's the one - unless you can get to a few home games, the the Regional Eels membership might be the way to go.

Suity

That's the one I got (i'm in adelaide).

I think there is one you can get if you are only able to get to a few games ie in Bris/Gold coast, and it includes the Blue Blood membership.

I'm thinking I was a bass player in a former life.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
would be of use if we played a home game up there but as we don't it's either come down for a couple of games or just get a blue blood membership

Haynzy

First Grade
:lol: flattery will get you everywhere Suity.

Fair enough born an eel.... I couldn't remember the details.

strider

Post Whore
i think suity's having a crack at you haynzy .... :-s

btw - i haven't seen any of the boys over penshurst way - pretty slack imo .... we've got new footpaths and all thanks to kevy throwing money all over the place (of course tehy are completely impractical and stupid, but hey it stopped financial ruin) - i'm sure the residents would be most happy to see them

Latest posts