What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team vs. Manly

IFR33K

Coach
Ok, with yesterday's dreadful performance behind us, what changes does Arthur make to the lineup against Manly?

It's safe to assume lussick will be on holidays, who's his replacement?

Do smith, vai and Kelly retain their positions in firsts?

We had slight success against the chooks on the edges, is that the game plan for Manly?

Please fire away!

strider

Post Whore
i don't think arthur would bail on kelly yet ... he picked him to start the season and like all coaches he'll stick to that decision for about 6 rounds

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Could be Jnr Paulo or Pauli Pauli? I think it'll be basically last night's team but with Peats in for Lussick as Pou pointed out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well we have had one great performance and one Terrible. Too early too start dropping guys.Unless someone has stood out in Wenty. Pauli Pauli isn't a good defender-Tepai Moera would be better.

I reckon by rnd 6 Arthurs will see where to go for the rest of the season and depends on who stands out at NSW cup. Id say everyone in the forwards bar Lussick and Mannah will be looked at.

We do have plenty of options which is a good thing. And Loko and Mossop to come back.
Jnr Paulo would be the only guy I reckon could be in first grade before rnd 6.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'd imagine a (new) coach would give his first choice spine the benefit of say three poor matches before making a drastic change. We can probably agree everyone had a good game round one and a poor game round two, with the Peats change forced upon the coach. So no major changes until round 5.

But non-spine positions and the bench won't necessarily get the same breathing space.... Lussick will be missing and I think Arthur was quoted as saying there would be a kicker into the side next week (Hunt/Sio/Sandow?).

So:

1. Hayne
2. Radradra
3. Tonga
4. Hopoate
5. Sio (for kicking, must've been neck and neck with Toutai anyway)
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Moimoi
11. Ma'u
15. Tanginoa (initially named on the bench but to start for Smith)
13. Edwards (won't be demoted for attempting to fill the spine role)

14. Joe Paulo (see below)
12. Smith
16. Terepo
17. Allgood (see below)
18. Gower (named last week and to possibly take a bench spot against his old club at the expense of Allgood)
(and maybe 19. Sandow as a smoky to take Joe Paulo's spot on the bench as a kicker, but I doubt it this early in the season)

Yeh, I'm with Phantom Eel's predictions, but maybe with Jnr Paulo or even Fatso the Wombat, rather than Gower, to come in for Allgood.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If anyone comes in it will almost certainly be from the top 25:

Gower
Morgan
Paulo
Sandow
Santi
Sio

Plus Hunt, Loko and Mossop when they get well soon.

IFR33K

Coach
Not sure our team can carry both smith and Paulo. Both are ineffective. If BA talked smith into playing this year, that's a big f**k up. If hunt is fit, I believe he should come into contention with sio for a wing spot.

Joely01

Bench
I haven't said anything about last nights game yet. I wanted to wait until I had watched Wenty and then make some comments.
The below is the team I would have after watching all 3 grades over the last 2 weeks.

1. Hayne (c)
2. Radradra
3. Tonga
4. Hopoate
5. Sio (I saw enough today to back up what I've said all along, he is a better winger than Vai)
6. Norman
7. Sandow (liked his control today, always organising, and his kicking game was pretty much spot on)
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Moi moi
11. Tanginoa (time he starts to play bigger minutes)
12. Ma'u
13. Edwards
14. Terepo
15. Jnr Paulo (he is a beast, the type of player we need to come on after 20 and break the line and tire out defence)
16. Gower (very consistent performer, I saw today some ball movement by him a well, has an offload as well)
17. Kelly (I wouldn't play him unless a half or peats gets injured)

Lussick will get a few weeks, so him out, drop Ben smith, toutai and Kelly. Start with kelepi for smith, peats back, silo for toutai, Edwards to the bench and bring in gower to the bench as well. Sandow for Kelly.

Latest posts