What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels to slaughter Magpies

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Just look at these sides:

PARRAMATTA: Ronald Prince; Pat Richards, Willie Tonga, Chad Halliday, John Williams; Andrew Means, Jeff Robson; Ryan Hinchcliffe, Steve Crouch, David Solomona, Justin Tsoulos, Daniel Irvine (c), Kylie Leuluai. Res: Tim Smith, Nathan Hollingsworth, Adam Wheeler, Josh Cordoba, Nathan McMillan, Wade Russell, Matt Lantry, Matt Nightingale, Matt Gruszka (five to be omitted).

WESTS: Luke Duffy; Trent Clayton, Dean Collis, Ken McGuinness, John Olzard; Clint Greenshields, Nathan Murphy; Liam Fulton, Nigel Plum, Gray Viane, Tere Glassie, Chris Levy, Brett O'Farrell.Res: John Peterson, Brad Eisenhuth, Bryce Gibbs, Ray Cashmere, Drew Dalton, Jordan Macey, Wes Hallam-Mann, Michael Papa, David Djukich (five to be omitted)

We may also be interested in how McKinnon (c) and Kativerata do for Souths, and how Stapleton does for the Dragons.

PS. Is that supposed to be Andrew Meads, not Means. Has he finally returned from injury? Will he be with us next year? Has Paul Green already left or was he illegible for prem finals?

The Colonel

Immortal
Andrew Meads is right - unfortunately Meadsy will be joining Steve Crouch in France playing for the Pia Donkeys. Steve seems really keen about the move - even though he is playing for Craig Field (he will be capt-coach) Spoke to him about it at the Eels Trivia night. :)

I don't think that Paul Green is eligible for the reserves because he started the season in first grade. Not sure of the rules there?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
d'oh... i guess it's not surprising given that the majority of the team is leaving the club next season. Their hearts probably aren't in it anymore.

All I know is the scoreline: Wests 31 Eels 30.

Can anyone elaborate on the match?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels2win said:
d'oh... i guess it's not surprising given that the majority of the team is leaving the club next season. Their hearts probably aren't in it anymore.

All I know is the scoreline: Wests 31 Eels 30.

Can anyone elaborate on the match?

All i no is we where leading 26-10 then with a couple left we lead 30-24 Wests scored to make it 30-30...they wen't into Over time and they got a field goal!! :roll: :roll:

Parra still has a second bit at the cherry though!!

yappy

Bench
I can tell you you're god damn lucky we're such an ill disciplined side. Our completions were on the ugly side of 50%, our kicking game in the first half was appalling, and we murdered two certain tries (and I mean Al Qaeda fly a plane into a building type murder). We had no right being within cooee of you. Four of your tries were gifted almost directly from mistakes. In a nutshell we sucked, but we sucked with passion. In the end Wests just had a bit more will to win (and a better goal kicker).

Parra are still right in it, and I reckon the Premiers is a real wide open comp with any of the six remaining capable of taking it out. I think you guys have the harder road though with the Cougars and Canberra. We won't win another game if we play like we did, but if we can put our brains on for longer than five minutes we'll give plenty of cheek.

roofromoz

First Grade
I have to say that if it wasn't for us Panthers supporters at the game yesterday supporting the Magpies (for obvious reasons), Parra probably would have got the chocolates.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
roofromoz said:
I have to say that if it wasn't for us Panthers supporters at the game yesterday supporting the Magpies (for obvious reasons), Parra probably would have got the chocolates.

Now why would the Panther supporters help out Wests over Parra......let me guess because they where underdogs....that must be it because Penrith & Parramatta clubs are so friendly towards each other :lol: :lol:

Once Dead

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
roofromoz said:

Now why would the Panther supporters help out Wests over Parra......let me guess because they where underdogs....that must be it because Penrith & Parramatta clubs are so friendly towards each other :lol: :lol:

It was all because of the merger that was signed, sealed but never delivered..............