What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V our Bogey teams.

chiefy1

Juniors
Talking about bogey - the away yellow striped jersey has been an absolute Bogey for the Eels with just one win in two seasons - and that was against the Dogs at Anz. Its a disgraceful look and will be banished after this season.

Last edited:
Eels bogey teams away from home.

Melbourne.
Roosters.
Rabbitohs.
Raiders.
Manly.
Penrith.
Broncos.
Bulldogs.
St George.
Tigers.
Cowboys.
Titans.
Sharks.
Knights.
Warriors.

I reckon our away record against Brisbane would be as good as our home record against them. We've lost more than we've won, but we do no worse up there than our home form each season.

Eelogical

Referee
I reckon our away record against Brisbane would be as good as our home record against them. We've lost more than we've won, but we do no worse up there than our home form each season.
Yet, it's almost a given we will get beaten in Canberra, Newcastle or Townsville, regardless of where we or they are on the ladder. I personally don't believe in bogeys or bad luck. I think it's more mental than ability.

emjaycee

Coach
Since 2000 we have won 17/37 against them at all venues.
8 /18 in Sydney and 9/19 in Brisbane.
It will soon be 9/19 and 9/19.

Yet, it's almost a given we will get beaten in Canberra, Newcastle or Townsville, regardless of where we or they are on the ladder. I personally don't believe in bogeys or bad luck. I think it's more mental than ability.
It's largely that, but there are also some longer-term trends in playing style / roster structure that contribute to it.....in my opinion anyway. Also some of these teams (e.g. Brisbane) get a big arrogant at home.

Eelogical

Referee
It's largely that, but there are also some longer-term trends in playing style / roster structure that contribute to it.....in my opinion anyway. Also some of these teams (e.g. Brisbane) get a big arrogant at home.
I'd rather play the broncos in Brisbane than the Raiders in Canberra.

Eelogical

Referee
Canberra is a different case, at least in the cooler months, because the ground conditions (the slipperyness, not the cold) directly affect play.
I haven't checked, but off the top of your head are we more adverse to their their playing conditions than any other team?