What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Chipmunk

Coach
No we didn't. We kept carving up on the right until we stopped sending the ball that way

We were carving them up on both edges for the first 30 minutes. The question has to be asked then why did we decide to play to the Storms strength and keep them in the game by playing them up the middle where we're weakest.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We seriously need terepo or frank back. Gower is seriously struggling out there. He even got dominated by myles.
Gower at least has the ability to play on the edges, which is where he played these past two weeks. I guess Fritchard does too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yet he made more metres than Vanuvali and Addo-Carr tonight...two of the best wingers in the competition.
FFS merkin, most of his metres came from the two line breaks served up to him by his inside men.

Are you that thick or just dishonest?
He also set up an exceptional try, scored one himself and made some very smart runs out of dummy half when we needed it.

What does the poor guy need to do to change your mind?
He doesn't need to change my mind. What matters is that the coach is happy with him on the wing. He is certainly a great finisher, plus very safe against the kick.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Some very ordinary refereeing tonight but I reckon it was better than recent efforts. Some 50/50 calls actually went our way tonight. In other words if Perenara or Atkins had of been the referee tonight we may not have won.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is JAC that good, though?

It's a bit of a tangent, but besides pace does he offer a lot else? I'm not sure he does tbh
He's Bevan French without the skill. I guess if he's a good enough winger for the best team in the comp I can't complain about us having French on the wing.

Kenny's the kind of bloke that fires up his teammates. You saw the difference immediately in his comeback game, running 30m to rev the blokes up and celebrate with them after they forced an error, stuff like that. His energy is infectious and he lifts his teammates. And yeah, high energy players make bad decisions every now and again and they make mistakes. But he's also a very good defender, tough, hard running and skillful. I'd much rather have Kenny in the team than out of it.

He just needs to keep his game simple once he does that he will be an awesome player! He can be a devastating runner of the ball when he concentrates

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tohu Harris' stats are similar and he didn't make any stupid mistakes. Something Kenny has consistently done throughout the season. You need to provide context to the situation Kenny's stupidity has shown itself, which stats alone don't show. I think a capable edge forward (perhaps Marata) could provide sufficient go forward and defence, without the brain farts.
Harris is obviously a better player than Edwards, but he wasn't in this game. Anyway it's irrelevant. Harris spent 55 minutes at centre.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Parra arent a team thats built to belt teams by 30 but if it means making the 8 im ok with that. If we control that first half we're a good chance of winning the game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just saw Bellamy's press conference, what a whiny sour piece of shit he is.

His team lie over you more than a cheap hooker and still the f**ktard whinges after winning the penalty count. It will be a great day when this stain of the game is gone and his cheating lieutenants with him. f**k him and his inspired WWE team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This was a comment about us not making any ground "in the middle" of the field after the first 30 mins, mostly coming out from our own tryline, compared to the Storm, rather than a comment on the actual performance of the "middle" forwards.

If Semi didn't make those breaks early in the game on the edges we would still have struggled to make ground..in fact after he stopped making breaks out wide bringing out of our own line, we stopped making in roads into the Storm defence.
Whatever merkin. Our forwards made plenty of metres.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were carving them up on both edges for the first 30 minutes. The question has to be asked then why did we decide to play to the Storms strength and keep them in the game by playing them up the middle where we're weakest.
It's a fair question. We do tend to go into our shell as a way of protecting a lead. It's frustrating.