What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Eelogical

Referee
I like the game day thread. Hours before the game it's Nobby's Nuts at the bar over drinks before being seated for the 3 course dinner. Entrée of crab with a side of pre game last minute opinions in anticipation of the main course, Main is usually a buffet rather than a set menu. 4 meats cut 6 different ways with 10 knives.....serve yourself. Dessert.........post mortem is my favourite.

chiefy1

Bench
What did I say about Niukore being a million to one .

Vave starts
No Mau

Alvaro back to the bench

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wouldnt call Kenny an enforcer. That is for blokes like Mau and Beau Scott. Kenny is more a liability.

He brings high energy but almost cost us last week. He just got lucky we somehow won.

Edit: That attempted intercept on their fifth tackle when we had held them out for ages was what i was referring to (among other incidents). They scored next set.

He is an extremely dumb footballer. Is that what they call an oxymoron?
I reckon he's a very smart footballer. He just takes risks, which is something we need, and why he's one of our best attacking players. We certainly wouldn't want a pack full of them but he's a very important part of our team. That's why he's contracted until 2019.

He's probably a dumb human being though, but his footy smarts are top shelf.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's best off the bench, so hopefully if Manu is out as suggested Marata gets a start and allows Kenny to get back to doing what he does best.

The same blokes pasting him were the ones missing him when we lost a bunch in a row without his infectious attitude and his energy in defence lifting us later in games.
His win rate in 50+ games speaks for itself, especially when compared to our record without him in the same three and a half year period: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/ken-edwards/summary.html

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm out at a mates place with no tv or radio updates appreciated by all you Alpha males.

PS - f**k the Storm.

Bazal

Post Whore
Semi looks ominous....twice he's taken the kick and left Vunivalu and others for dead.

We look slick right now...AND A TRY!!!!

Another shift to the right, French slides in out wide