What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels vs cowboys

Redback71

First Grade
I have a feeling this could be the game that turns our pathetic season around.
Realisticaly speaking we should beat the cowboys by 50, if we can this could be the game that builds the boys confidence back up and gets them to play that exciting brand of footy we know they all can and just maybe plays the Eels back into form. :pray::pray::pray:

eel01s

Bench
Realisticaly speaking we should beat the cowboys by 50, if we can this could be the game that builds the boys confidence back up and gets them to play that exciting brand of footy we know they all can and just maybe plays the Eels back into form. :pray::pray::pray:

No offence mate, but I have to laugh.

We should win, but even if we do, we are gorrrrne for this year, probably next year too.

But at least Dennis "couldn't be happier." !!!!!

forward pass

Coach
God I am sick of people saying we should win by 50.........

That is a ridiculous comment. No-one has beaten the cowboys by 50 so why say we should.

Stagger eel

Staff member

no offense redback but the sooner we're out of our misery the sooner we can piss these sort of threads off...

we won't make the 8...we don't deserve to...why f**ken bother????

btw, the Cowboys will win their first game in 3 months on friday and goodluck to them.

Hutchy86

Juniors
I officially have no more expectations as far as my footy team goes for 2008....but I will keep supporting them no matter what.
couldn't have said it better myself...
I'll watch the game more like a neutral supporter... if we win it'll be great, but if not I won't lose any sleep. The next 18 or so months for our football club are gonna be long & woeful... might as well desensitise to it now to save myself the grief later

Gronk

Staff member
Webb, O'Donnell back for Eels clash

By Steve Ricketts
July 21, 2008 AUSTRALIA forward Carl Webb could join fellow international Luke O'Donnell in a face-saving cavalry charge for North Queensland's daunting assignment against Parramatta on Friday night.
O'Donnell returns from an eight-match ban this week and Webb hopes to prove his fitness after six weeks sidelined by an ankle injury.

The presence of the two experienced forwards would be a huge boost for the battling Cowboys after Friday night's 32-18 loss to Brisbane left Ashley Graham (shoulder), Ben Harris (ankle) and Sione Faumuina (achilles) in the casualty ward.

The loss was the Cowboys' 11th in a row. Parramatta has now lost three in a row but at least it remains a final-eight hope.

The star-studded Eels also are sure to be fired up after one Sydney paper devoted two pages to their form slump.

Cowboys football manager Dean Lance said the club remained determined to finish the season well.

Wests Tigers forward signing Luke Harlen, a Townsville product, was the Cowboys' man of the match in his debut for the club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24049720-23214,00.html

leo9999

Juniors
Carl Webb and Luke O'Donnell expected to return this week . Things just get even better for us

Gronk

Staff member
I know its a very negative thing to say, but losing to the Cowboys might be a good thing in the long run. It might help get the broom out quicker.

leo9999

Juniors
Thats alright good have them play.. I just dont know what to expect Eels v Cowboys on paper Eels Winners. But nope thats not the way it is we need a few more big boys on the bench. And hope that Hags doesnt USE up to many Interchanges soo early. He only makes 2 or 3 changes straight because certain players are playing poorly. So its his own fault for picking the wrong side. O well one day Hagan will realise us fans are better team selector then him :lol:.

Im Still not confident and maybe if i dont watch them play they will win :)

I know its a very negative thing to say, but losing to the Cowboys might be a good thing in the long run. It might help get the broom out quicker.
i think the same if the eels cant make the semis they might as well get the spoon or as close to it as possible seems like thats the only thing that will wake hagan up from his "we're doing ok" fantasy world

bartman

Immortal
I hope that we win (of course), but in tipping comps I am tipping Cowboys, just like I tipped Manly last week. The Panthers and Souths games were enough to show me that the players don't want to turn things around enough (for whatever reason), for our season to improve drastically before the end.

Having said that, now that we are no real chance of making the 8 (with four teams leap frogging us on the table this weekend), it wouldn't surprise if we grind out a victory over the cellar dwellers and the only team that are probably playing in worse form than us, but even that will mean little when it comes to the week after playing teams that haver their season alive.

walker smith

Juniors

Sorry mate, not sure how to say this in any way that doesnt cause offence - but are you a little "off"?

and as i said in another thread even if we get to the same points as the other contenders our poor for and against will kill us