What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels's Trials, Dates and Locations

The Colonel

Immortal
Wow... still, as everyone has said in previous years it's only a trial, trial form counts for zero etc.

I reckon we must still be recovering from Jamie Lyon's departure...

Still recovering from losing Cronin and Price. The first time.

strider

Post Whore
hey it's not all bad news .... the Wanderers won in melbourne! ..... everyone jump up, turn around and jump up and down!!! woooooo!!!

IFR33K

Coach
What happened to all the updates?

Couldn't log on.

Don't know who to blame.

No real stand out for the eels.

We had plenty of ball first half, but blew our chances and tigers scored a couple of 'lucky' tries.

We will improve with the addition of hayne smith and Reni.

Loko had a few strong carries. I would start him before Morgan.

forward pass

Coach
Didn't take long for posters on here to drag out the "it's only a trial" line.

It is a practice match under real conditions against real opposition and like last year all we have practised is losing! The boys have had 3 months to prepare for ths match and they got dusted. Very concerning in my view.

Mind you, looking at our side, did anyone expect anything else?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee - hopefully not an true indicator of the season that lays ahead , was expecting a better showing

bartman

Immortal
Never seen so many experienced fans/posters on here take our trial form so seriously before! :crazy:

bartman

Immortal
What did they buy?

Probably some fruit and vegies...

452038-jarryd-hayne.jpg

I'm very concerned. That's because we looked worse than last year. If that's even possible.

Was expecting more intensity and stronger Defence but got neither.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Bellamy put a rocket up Melbourne after last weeks trial against Canberra.

You can be sure Ricky will do the same - its about the only ability he has as a coach.

It IS only a trial and winning or losing means nought, but you don't want to be getting touched up like this against a team no one rates.

The Colonel

Immortal
Never seen so many experienced fans/posters on here take our trial form so seriously before! :crazy:

The scoreline suggests to me the talk of camaraderie, a renewed focus to defence and an improved attitude around the club as a whole was just that. We may have lacked some experience and leadership and three players may have helped change some attacking options but what it also suggests is the squad hasn't changed much at all under a new coach. Will need a massive clean out to improve things however with plenty of money to spend and the players we are apparently offering big money to staying put suggests improvement is a couple of years away at best.

Latest posts