What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egg & fruit/veg diet for calisthenics

God-King Dean

Immortal
Would an egg, fruit & veg diet work for a person who only does bodyweight exercises eg. pullups, dips, pushups etc etc.

I use to be relatively strong when it came to bodyweight exercises. 16 pullups, & 90 pushups in 2 minutes. Now I can only do 4 pullups & 18 pushups......

After doing research on eggs (love em), & they appear to be the perfect food for someone looking to increase their reps in these types of exercises. Low carbs, complete/high protein, the cholesterol stigma is BS.

My routine would consist of:
Chosen workout for the day in the morning, followed by protein with 2 eggs (all eggs will be hardboiled for optimal biodigestion)
Lunch - 8 eggs, fruit.
Dinner - 8 eggs, veg.
Eat pretty much whatever I want on weekends.

158g protein per day.
5130KJ in eggs + 2200KJ for shake = 7330KJ
I weigh 78kg.

Would this work? Thoughts/critique.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Experimental at this stage, how strictly I'll implement it I'm not sure. I'm more interested in the theory at this stage, then I'll go from there.

Thomas

First Grade
The best way to increase pull ups and push ups is to do more pull ups and push ups. Sure, you can eat eggs but the benefit of eating a shitload of eggs would be about the same as eating a healthy low-carb/high protein diet.

I mean, if you really f**king like eggs then eat a lot of eggs.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe you should practise doing pushups and pullups? And eat meat to prevent an outbreak of vaginitis.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
the cholesterol stigma is BS.

it ain't bullshit if you aren't doing high intensity workouts.

How old are you? If you're older than 30, I'd be considering taking test, free test, LDL and HDL bloodwork if I were you.

Other than that, are you intentionally being non-meat?

I can see what you're trying to do with that many eggs, but if you're going to bind that much cholesterol, I'd be ensuring my zinc intake is pretty high.

Would you consider beef liver tabs?