What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eligible players

If RTS was going to union aged around ponga’s age I would agree.
LOL@Ponga news in media that they turned down the All Blacks to remain at Newcastle. Bitch please you have to make it in the All Blacks first. With their queue of talent lining up ready to take the jersey he thinks he already has really shows how out of touch Ponga and Aussie media are. Drongos.

Meanwhile my main man RTS will play a stellar season with Auckland Blues and get a well deserved call up to the All Blacks.

shinobi

Juniors
Brown is straight up not eligible for Origin under the current rules. The rules are pretty good now.

Players need to either:

Be born in Aussie
Reside in Queensland / NSW before their 13th birthday
Have a dad who played Origin

Didn't move to Aussie until he was 15 so he's all ours.

Not many who are going to be moving, at least from NZ before they're 13 for footy, so those kids jumping the ditch for league aren't going to get that Origin option.
Not that i think he would but even if not eligible for origin he could play for australia like radradra did.

In terms of eligible kiwis theres quite a few youngsters Matt Timoko, Murray Taulagi, Junior Pauga, TC Robati, Jordan Riki, Taniela Paseka, Oregon Kaufusi. Question is whether they would commit if given the opportunity? Seeing Luai and Fotuaika choose origin after playing for jr kiwis doesn't give much hope. Looking at the origin squads this year i think there were 6 or 7 NZ born players across the whole series. Lack of international footy is hurting the kiwis, we need the team back on the field to give kids something to aspire to.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Not that i think he would but even if not eligible for origin he could play for australia like radradra did.

In terms of eligible kiwis theres quite a few youngsters Matt Timoko, Murray Taulagi, Junior Pauga, TC Robati, Jordan Riki, Taniela Paseka, Oregon Kaufusi. Question is whether they would commit if given the opportunity? Seeing Luai and Fotuaika choose origin after playing for jr kiwis doesn't give much hope. Looking at the origin squads this year i think there were 6 or 7 NZ born players across the whole series. Lack of international footy is hurting the kiwis, we need the team back on the field to give kids something to aspire to.
How many of those players are eligible for Origin?

jaseg

Juniors
Not 100% certain, but fairly sure on 4 of them:

Taulagi yes (qld)
Robati no
Timoko no
Pauga no (he was our 20s player, he's not in the rep mix anyway because he still can't tackle)

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
Hey guys, thought I’d throw another name into the mix in Jayden nikorima.

I know he’s represented the Aussie schoolboys and maybe even the u20 kangaroos in the past but if he has a decent season at the storm could he could potentially make the kiwis squad or even want to?

Matua

Bench
Hey guys, thought I’d throw another name into the mix in Jayden nikorima.

I know he’s represented the Aussie schoolboys and maybe even the u20 kangaroos in the past but if he has a decent season at the storm could he could potentially make the kiwis squad or even want to?
He declared that he wanted to play for Australia. He should stick with that.

jaseg

Juniors
He declared that he wanted to play for Australia. He should stick with that.

Right, and it feels pretty unlikely he figures in a big way this year anyway.. their halves are rock solid, and I feel like Nick Meaney has a better chance at the bench utility role than Jayden. Plus, Matty Johns' younger kid looked interesting last year as a 3rd halves option in front of Jayden even if an injury hits one of the starters.

jaseg

Juniors
A comment I saw from his dad a while back seemed very likely that his preference would be Australia/NSW - he's eligible, but seems less than likely

ALX25

Bench
To fix the issues being talked about in this thread the NRL should mandate SOO/International eligibility section in the player profiles.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
Another name to add to the ever growing list is NQ cowboys 2nd rower Jeremiah Nanai.

Like so many others on the list he was born in NZ but raised in Australia from a young age.

Latest posts