What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elijah Taylor

Scott

Bench
Just heard that he has signed for Penrith for 2014 & beyond.

Put that down to the ex coach.

Essential we keep Mateo imo.

Rebel

First Grade
Hmmm... Not too disturbed about losing him, Sam Lousi and Ika are better prospects, but wtf is up with the whole" signing players a year out" thing?

spear tackle

Juniors
Penrith might have to look at a name change maybe the Penrith Warriors or with the amount of Kiwis in there the NZ Panthers, still good luck
to him hope he goes well so long as they don't beat us.

Last edited:

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
Good luck to him. Don't think we'll miss to much at all.
Matty Elliot obviously didn't wanna pay overs for ET aye???
That and it frees up the cap - through some more @ Mateo.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Good luck to him (sincerely), but I get the feeling we wouldn't lose much sleep if he was granted an early release.

Warmess

Juniors
A small, boring, workhorse type second rower. Definitely an NRL player, but we have too many of these boring second rowers already, so I'd rather the money was used elsewhere. Having said that though, we're pretty damn cashed up... surely we could have kept him if we wanted to? We better be making a huge effort to keep Mateo and to sign up some others this season.

Rebel

First Grade
I'd rather lose Benry personally but I guess since Taylor in an international, he would be a bit more expensive.

And yep. Assume this means Mateo is sticking around.

Meth

Staff member
A small, boring, workhorse type second rower. Definitely an NRL player, but we have too many of these boring second rowers already, so I'd rather the money was used elsewhere.

Spot on really.

Didn't really kick on last season.

Micistm

Bench
Not overly bothered with this specifically, don't mind him but not an essential keep either...but I am bothered about the exodus to the Pandas. Sooner or later they'll ping someone we do want to keep. There are a few we must, and Cleary is obviously well respected by many of these players, I hope Elliot wins a few over as well

TheDMC

Bench
Not overly bothered with this specifically, don't mind him but not an essential keep either...but I am bothered about the exodus to the Pandas. Sooner or later they'll ping someone we do want to keep. There are a few we must, and Cleary is obviously well respected by many of these players, I hope Elliot wins a few over as well

Not really, the more non-key players they snaffle the less likely they'll get a top player I reckon - trade offs. Only caveat to that is if Elliot turns out to be a complete dud, then it will be an exodus...don't think the players, and the club (and us supporters) can handle two dud coaches in a row...

shiznit

Coach
i cant help but laugh at the reaction in here... people blowing it off like its nothing... :lol:

if i was a Warriors fan i would be f**king shattered...

The lousi's & Ikahahifo?? :lol: give me a break... there just another bunch of bonehead forwards who the warriors produce who have all the skills but no f**king football smarts.

i saw him a future warriors captain... the kid has everything... he can work hard... and has wonderful ball skills.

hopefully without the loads of boneheaded forwards around he might be allowed to play a little wider.

im surprised he signed with penrith though... because i know Craig Bellamy was super high on him... he has been eyeing him up for over a year.

mark my words.... Elijah Taylor will shine when he doesn't have to clean up after the boneheads in the warriors pack.

Phil Gould & Craig Bellamy obviously see talent... i bet warriors fans must be happy that the great Mathew Elliott disagrees... :lol:

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Meh, he ain't that great. I would say he was just as much a bonehead. Won't miss his rushing out of the D line, poor D options at times although he can go ok and tackle good for his size. Those no look passes, soft runs.

Wasn't he the guy who threw the ball not once, but twice over the sideline when the winger was free in the same game? Think it was that game in Perth against manly....

Good luck Elijah

Ives loves the small backrower. Maybe benrys next. PLEASE IVAN TAKE BILL TUPOU!

Iafeta

Referee
Kind of fitting that between himself and James Maloney his lack of wanting to tackle in the last 10 minutes cost us a game against Penrith last year.

Good riddance son, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Latest posts