What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliott

denis preston

First Grade
Interesting interview on the Dragons podcast. I think the jury is still out on the 3 coaches ability to get the Dragons firing again but some of the points he made were interesting.

* Need to work on their lack of resilience & ability to cope with adversity. Sustaining form also a issue
* Hook understands what needs to be improved on and knows how to develop a club & team.He is very very clear in his messages.
* They have a better understanding of what the club needs far better now than 10 months ago and they will be a completely different organisation moving forward.
* They have high expectations next season with new players, the youth & continual development.
* First he heard of the aging coaching staff observation ( thats a worry !!! )
* Said that he will be transitioning roles next season and doing some leadership,mindset & culture work with the players ( as well I suppose ? )

Elliott claims that he is a Dragons supporter and jumped at the chance to coach. remembers when the club & Roosters agreed to merge and it was only stopped by the save our saints movement. Also made a great comment about the media "they are paid to have an opinion , not to be right "!

randomdragon

Juniors
I would believe what he said if he didn’t say at the start of the year ‘Jackson Ford will have a breakout year this year’ and used words such as ‘wow what a player’ about him

SAP58

Juniors
Interesting interview on the Dragons podcast. I think the jury is still out on the 3 coaches ability to get the Dragons firing again but some of the points he made were interesting.

* Need to work on their lack of resilience & ability to cope with adversity. Sustaining form also a issue
* Hook understands what needs to be improved on and knows how to develop a club & team.He is very very clear in his messages.
* They have a better understanding of what the club needs far better now than 10 months ago and they will be a completely different organisation moving forward.
* They have high expectations next season with new players, the youth & continual development.
* First he heard of the aging coaching staff observation ( thats a worry !!! )
* Said that he will be transitioning roles next season and doing some leadership,mindset & culture work with the players ( as well I suppose ? )

Elliott claims that he is a Dragons supporter and jumped at the chance to coach. remembers when the club & Roosters agreed to merge and it was only stopped by the save our saints movement. Also made a great comment about the media "they are paid to have an opinion , not to be right "!
I listened to the interview and based on his "transitioning" comment we may be looking at a change of assistant coaches next year. It was reported Elliott was the attcking coach and Gentle was the defencive coach, if so Gentle should be feeling very concerned about his job in 2022 based on our defence in 2021.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
They hadn't heard of the 'aging coaching staff observation' because neither of them own one of them fandangled computers....
I thought that he was just speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek in saying that he hadn't heard those stories. I also thought that the transitioning comment referred more to dumping dud players and replacing them with ones that can have a go and follow a game plan, or adjust to Plan B if Plan A isn't working. Or maybe I am just hoping that is what he meant!

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought that he was just speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek in saying that he hadn't heard those stories. I also thought that the transitioning comment referred more to dumping dud players and replacing them with ones that can have a go and follow a game plan, or adjust to Plan B if Plan A isn't working. Or maybe I am just hoping that is what he meant!
This sounds about right