What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ellis

jasonl

Juniors
Is it just me or do they (and the opposition) look like a different team when Ellis is off the field?

The dropped ball by Humble was probably a swing point and Utai was probably unlucky (how these guys rate ahead of Mitch Brown btw is anyone's guess but that's another story).

Point is, it would seem Ellis has gone beyond simple hardass in the minds of the players into something more (think maybe Tallis or Morley but with a degree of intelligence).

Ye Gods, didn't they miss him in those 15 minutes.

Hate to say it but CH, Fulton and indeed even Farrah are looking on a downwards slope.

As to Blair, someone I guess has been feeding him some old Steve Menzies tapes. At this rate he might top 400 games.

Any suggestion that he replaces Ellis is pure nonsense.

On the flip, Marshall looks physically for maybe the first time like an NRL 5/8, Moltzen seems to have overcome his fear of being hurt and Lawrence is probably only a few games away - right now he's standing too flat and overrunning - gotta get deeper and run the hole.

On this performance WT will beat many of the second rate teams.

Manly, Melbourne, NZ and probably Brisbane however will be difficult.

Ellis is key.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Ellis is a gun.

I was though much more impressed with Blair last night. He is not what I would call an impact player and I don't think he is in Ellis's class but he does have a quick play the ball and he can run it and he is solid defensively.

Old_Timer

Juniors
On this performance WT will beat many of the second rate teams.

Manly, Melbourne, NZ and probably Brisbane however will be difficult.

Ellis is key.

Hmmmm lucky you are playing a team of easybeats next friday night, LOL.
Will Ellis be playing? Oh and please, oh please, make sure timmy does!!

The Rosco

Bench
Hmmmm lucky you are playing a team of easybeats next friday night, LOL.
Will Ellis be playing? Oh and please, oh please, make sure timmy does!!

Hey there Old timer.
Mate, it doesn't matter how lame or gay your team is. You shouldn't call them easybeats.
What if BShizzleshoopfiddyshoopMoz reads that ? He might neck himself. Well he'd waste a lot of time trying, anyway.
We all know that your lot are under-achievers ( and that thing around Clover's neck ) and media and ref darlings, but don't spell it out for them so clearly. They ain't dullards, you know. They have feelings, dammit.

As for Timmy . . .mate, let it go. If your looking for someone to balme, look at Peter Douchest. It was HIS F-up, nobody elses.
Are your boys looking to get square with him ? . . . real classy, that. Why, coz he didn't want to play with you ? :roll: Reminds me of year 7.
Great idea . . let Ben Creagh lead the charge :lol: :lol:.

Should be a good game old timer, Don't get involved in the petty stuff.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Hey there Old timer.
Mate, it doesn't matter how lame or gay your team is. You shouldn't call them easybeats.

Twas said tongue in cheek.

As for Timmy . . .mate, let it go.

What never. He is going to receive more abuse that Greg Hartley did when he was referring. Maybe the odd rotten cabbage or two as well. Ive been saving them up, LOL.

Should be a good game old timer, Don't get involved in the petty stuff.

The petty stuff is all I have left these days, LOL. Agree the game should be a cracker.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens also said John Morris would be our Cooper Cronk.

In saying that, Ellis is as tough as nails and will probably play. I shudder to think of how much we will struggle to replace him next season.

The Rosco

Bench
Hey Old timer . . .
Maybe you should save those cabbages for Wayne.
You know, Wayne . .in whom ye shall trust ?? !!
He's doing far more hurt to your once proud club than poor ole Timmah.

I look forward to the post-game discussion with you !!

Looks like we are both doin it tough with injuries.

MadPie

Juniors
Replacement for Gareth....must be a slow news day or really into recycling. Interesting thought though.

WITH Gareth Ellis heading back to England, the Wests Tigers have made an approach to Sonny Bill Williams. SBW's agent, Khoder Nasser, was approached by Tigers football manager Warren McDonnell. It's unclear if the talks will go further - Williams is widely tipped to be keen to join the Roosters but no deal has been done. I was told Benji Marshall was keen for his club to chase his good mate Williams. "Of course we'd like Sonny, which club wouldn't," he said. "But that is not my department - that's up to the club. I'm not the one pushing that line." SBW's next step in football will definitely be a big event, but when a deal is struck with his next team it will involve boxing. Those who love to knock his ability to fight should note he has just rejected an offer from legendary promoter Don King to join his stable of boxers. King's people went through the New Zealand Boxing Association to make an approach, but Williams will do things his way. He is also set to ignore approaches from at least two other American promoters. All this during a week in which former Swan Barry Hall decided boxing was too tough. Hall took some delight in saying he didn't want to be regarded as a novelty fighter like SBW. He's in no danger of that happening

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-sonny-bill-20120310-1uqzz.html#ixzz1owkjJLOI

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
sounds like a steady improve

50/50 by tomorrow.

Thats almost good enough

Latest posts