What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of 2021 season report cards

Gronk

Staff member
PARRAMATTA EELS

2021 Record:
(regular season) W15 L9 - 63% win rate

Finals outcome: eliminated in week two

Ladder finish: 6th

Season grade: B

The Eels late season finals fade out threatened to eventuate again, but didn’t. They may have been knocked out at the semi-finals stage again, but this was not the capitulation we have come to expect from the Eels in September. The Eels were top four all season before a form slump from Round 19-22 saw them lose 28-0 to the Roosters, 40-12 to the Rabbitohs and 56-10 to the Sea Eagles and their fans were saying here we go again. However under-siege coach Brad Arthur was able to find some much needed resolve in his group after they beat the minor premiers the Storm for the second time in the season in Round 24 with a 22-10 upset. The Eels then beat the Knights in the elimination final before producing their best defensive performance of the year in arguably the game of the season, an 8-6 loss to arch rivals the Panthers. Along the way the Eels unearthed a real talent in centre Will Penisini who is set for a bright future in the NRL, while Haze Dunster also had a breakout season on the wing. The club also had arguably the buy of the year in Isaiah Papali’i, who gave them staunch defence and relentless potency on the edge. Most importantly the Eels’ spine players in Clinton Gutherson, Dylan Brown and in particular Mitchell Moses overcame mini form slumps to deliver at the right end of the season. Things did get tricky though when Maika Sivo, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Reed Mahoney got injured — Mahoney’s absence was particularly hard to overcome. If the Eels can have a bit more luck with injuries next season they will fancy their chances of breaking the longest premiership drought in the NRL after beating last year’s premiers twice this year and pushing this year’s eventual premiers to the end in their finals exit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
B is a good result for us, let’s face it we are a small club with no resources so a B is good. Let the big well resourced clubs get fancy gradings like A’s.

Hopefully we get a B+ next year and that would be good enough.

Gronk

Staff member
B is a good result for us, let’s face it we are a small club with no resources so a B is good. Let the big well resourced clubs get fancy gradings like A’s.

Hopefully we get a B+ next year and that would be good enough.
Your sarcasm suggests we don't have lofty goals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutherson - B
Sivo - C
Opacic - C+
Waqa - B-
Penisini - B
Dunster - C+
Fergo - C
Moses - A -
Brown - B -
RCG - A
MAHONEY- A-
Jnr- B+
Lane - B-
Matto- B-
Papa - A+
N.Brown - B-
Marata- B+
Cartwright - C
Kafusi - C
Stone - C+
W.Smith - C

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gutherson - B
Sivo - C
Opacic - C+
Waqa - B-
Penisini - B
Dunster - C+
Fergo - C
Moses - A -
Brown - B -
RCG - A
MAHONEY- A-
Jnr- B+
Lane - B-
Matto- B-
Papa - A+
N.Brown - B-
Marata- B+
Cartwright - C
Kafusi - C
Stone - C+
W.Smith - C
What rating would you give Arthur?

strider

Post Whore
Gutherson - B
Sivo - C
Opacic - C+
Waqa - B-
Penisini - B
Dunster - C+
Fergo - C
Moses - A -
Brown - B -
RCG - A
MAHONEY- A-
Jnr- B+
Lane - B-
Matto- B-
Papa - A+
N.Brown - B-
Marata- B+
Cartwright - C
Kafusi - C
Stone - C+
W.Smith - C
Nrown was better than a B- over the season

Otherwise, yeah

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Gronk

Staff member
Lost?? I’ve been a no on the merkin since 2018 unlike all the flip flopping merkins in here. And I have seen nothing since then to change my mind. This season proved to me even more he’s not the man to lead us to the promised land. Still so many rookie errors for an 8 year coach. He’s not the guy.
Yeah but how did the players go ? Did you enjoy the season ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah but how did the players go ? Did you enjoy the season ?
They went pretty good, the season was fine. I thought it was yet another season of missed opportunities once again. But the rise young Penisini and the Papanator were my highlights. Plus beating the Scum twice.

Latest posts