What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of Season Excitement: Who Will Be 15th?

Qapm

Juniors
dogs.jpg
Despite McGregor and the Dragon's managment best efforts, the Wooden Spoon is out of contention so all the excitement for Dragons fans is the race for 15th!!

Who told you the Dragons' natural place was 15th this season, even when the Dogs were long term residents of that address? Hint, name starts with Q.

Showdown will be Cowboys vs Dragons for the 15th.

Bulldogs have started building for 2020 while Dragons are working hard for the 2020 Bottom 4 and the Spoon. The key is the Cowboys BUT as a non McGregor coached team, they have a chance to pull off a victory or two.

Dragons face Roosters this round and TAB has accounted for the extra McGregor element with Dragons at $4.75.

Key match ups in Round 24 will be Cowboys vs Dogs (Cowboys have a shot here like they do with the Panthers) and Dragons vs Tigers.

The Warriors should be safe.

Go Cowboys.

Go (as in far away) McGregor.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If McGregor reckons we can still make the GF .......... and win it, surely we are even better odds to still take the spoon.

I think the Cowgirls will dig deep to take 15th but a 'special mention in despatches' for McGregor may still happen, if he can convince Josh Reynolds to join now.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Sadly I hope we get flogged in every remaining game if it brings action & change in cutting McDeflector. I can't stand to watch the dribble our team dishes up each week, it's boring, embarrassing & our attack is bordering on a mix of comical & pathetic.
Cut the big Steeler at seasons end before we totally rust as a club & team!

BLM01

First Grade
If McGregor reckons we can still make the GF .......... and win it, surely we are even better odds to still take the spoon.

I think the Cowgirls will dig deep to take 15th but a 'special mention in despatches' for McGregor may still happen, if he can convince Josh Reynolds to join now.
Yep come the conclusion of Round 25 we are 320 minutes short of a Grand Final victory and thats not a bad effort.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Best I can do although not pleased or enthusiastic about, is who will be new assistant coaches? What can Dragons do to turn the years Most Disappointing team to be competitive?

Best I can do although not pleased or enthusiastic about, is who will be new assistant coaches? What can Dragons do to turn the years Most Disappointing team to be competitive?
We will be in worse shape next year than this year.
The assistants won't make any difference especially if McGregor is still in charge.
They will just be canon fodder for Mr.Teflon.
We need a total overhaul and a coach that knows how to develop juniors.
Our defence is atrocious and any decent coach would have to start there.
Pay had very little firepower in attack so concentrated on tightening his defence.
Starting to reap the rewards at the back end of the season.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I reckon the Cows have got a good chance of knocking us back to 15th this weekend. Penrith played like crap last week, possibly will again. Even if the Cows lose, there is a good chance we will lose by a lot more and possibly slip down the ladder on for and against.

You're right QAPM, this is exciting!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The spoon is still in play..

If the titans win their last 3 (and that’s a big IF as they play Melbourne this weekend) and we lose our last 3, we could still take it home..

Particularly if the roosters put a big enough dent in our for & against..

We haven’t hit rock bottom yet, people...

We’ll know for sure around 4pm Sunday if we’re safe or not..

TruSaint

Referee
The spoon is still in play..

If the titans win their last 3 (and that’s a big IF as they play Melbourne this weekend) and we lose our last 3, we could still take it home..

Particularly if the roosters put a big enough dent in our for & against..

We haven’t hit rock bottom yet, people...

We’ll know for sure around 4pm Sunday if we’re safe or not..

Hmmm, if the Titans F&A wasn't so F&A...d, then I would agree.

BLM01

First Grade
Hmmm, if the Titans F&A wasn't so F&A...d, then I would agree.
And I think Melbourne (in Melbourne) might be a tad too good and scrape a win there to just maybe secure the minor premioership from the possibility of the Roosters stealing it off them. The Roosters F & A will get a boost this week too

TruSaint

Referee
And I think Melbourne (in Melbourne) might be a tad too good and scrape a win there to just maybe secure the minor premioership from the possibility of the Roosters stealing it off them. The Roosters F & A will get a boost this week too

Yep...

Gareth67

First Grade
It doesn't matter where we end up Mcroadblock will still be there.
Saidly

Sammy me old mate , how are you ? Do me a favor and say hello to the maestro for me , on second thoughts don’t as I as so many others are so damn dissatisfied with his lack of ability in all aspects of the game .

Any news if Jimmy Graham will play on in 2020 , I believe that he would still be good value . Any how let’s hope that there is some good news on the horizon that will cheer us up for next season.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Sammy me old mate , how are you ? Do me a favor and say hello to the maestro for me , on second thoughts don’t as I as so many others are so damn dissatisfied with his lack of ability in all aspects of the game .

Any news if Jimmy Graham will play on in 2020 , I believe that he would still be good value . Any how let’s hope that there is some good news on the horizon that will cheer us up for next season.

If I was putting money on it Gareth Jimmy will play on.
But I have backed many a wrong pony before.
I doing well mate hope you and yours are well

SAP58

Juniors
Penrith are very ordinary, playing like us. Hard to believe they beat us by so many a few weeks ago. The cows have the opportunity to improve their points differential in the second half. 15th here we come !

TruSaint

Referee
Penrith are very ordinary, playing like us. Hard to believe they beat us by so many a few weeks ago. The cows have the opportunity to improve their points differential in the second half. 15th here we come !

I agree with everything you said, except for " hard to believe they beat us ".

We let Gold Coast put 28 on us.