What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England 4N team

deal.with.it

Juniors
Pick your England 4 Nations team, based on current form this season so far. I've struggled. I'm not sure this is even my preferred team. Can't decide on some players. It's hard when clubs like Warrington, Leeds, Huddersfield and St Helens are dropping the odd surprise match.

1. Sam Tomkins/Zac Hardaker
2. Tom Briscoe
3. Michael Shenton/Ryan Atkins
4. Kallum Watkins
5. Ryan Hall
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Matty Smith
8. George Burgess
9. James Roby
10. James Graham
11. Liam Farrel/Carl Ablett
12. Brett Ferres/Ben Westwood
13. Sean O'Loughlin

papabear

Juniors
Tomkins has to start, whilst players are getting a start in the NRL they should be picked well ahead of superleague players.

hutch

First Grade
Tomkins has to start, whilst players are getting a start in the NRL they should be picked well ahead of superleague players.

Why?

I agree Tomkins would start, not because he plays in the nrl but because he is England's best fullback.

roughyedspud

Coach
1. tomkins
2. charnely
3. not sure yet?
4. watkins
5. hall
6. widdop
7. marc snyed
8. graham
9. roby
10.hill
11. ferres
12. elliot whitehead
13. o'loughlin

14. clarke
15. george burgess
16. tom burgess
17. westwood

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Hardaker
Charnley
Cudjoe
Watkins
Hall

Tomkins
Widdop

Graham
Roby
G Burgess
Ferres
Westwood
Sinfield

D Clark
Hill
ablett
O'loughlin

Its a pretty decent squad of players England have now when you put it on paper

roughyedspud

Coach
its not decent when you pick players out of position

tomkins hasn't play 6 for years...

sinfield hasn't played 13 for years.....plus o'loughlin is a better 13 than kev ever was

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
England don't have enough good players to leave out anyone of real quality. There is some logic picking Tomkins at 6 - he wouldn't be exposed on kicks and in attack he'd play exactly as at fullback. Whether his defence in the line is good enough, who knows.

Even if everyone's fit (and I'd add both Jack Reed and Cooper to the list BTW), the backrow is nowhere near the strength it has been in the past. We've got enough props, but will really miss Sam Burgess.

grouch

First Grade
Mike Cooper has improved massively in his first year with the Dragons. With Mossop and S Burgess out, he must be a big chance of getting a spot

roughyedspud

Coach
when i saw someone had posted in this thread,without opening it i thought...bet its someone saying something about mike cooper...lol

look...he's a good solid pro,the kind off unsung hero every pack needs.........but he's nowhere near england quality

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
None of the second row options with Sam B gone are "England quality" IMO. That is a huge weak area where in the past England could at least hope to hold their own.

Cooper has the benefit of playing against NRL opposition every week, and whilst you may think he's just 'solid', St George fans tend to think a lot more highly of him. He's not a world-beater, but as a bench/squad option I'd pick him.

roughyedspud

Coach
None of the second row options with Sam B gone are "England quality" IMO. That is a huge weak area where in the past England could at least hope to hold their own.

are you for real??

brett ferres was the find of the world cup

ben westwood has more than held his own against the aussies & kiwis

elliot whitehead coming through who'll make a big impact at international level i reckon

then theres the likes of john bateman,liam farrell who are better than mike cooper...

far from being our weakest area...its probably our strongest lol

roughyedspud

Coach
funny how when someone like michael dobson can come to super league and rip it up its because super league is shit...yet mike cooper rips up the NRL and becomes a world beater...

pppssstt its because the level of the NRL has dropped!!

JasonE

Bench
Good news for England in that Tom Burgess is improving and is not far off George. Such a shame that Sam is going, he is at the peak of his career at the moment.

The Partisan

Sam Burgess is a big loss especially if he carried in his current form. Cooper for me deserves a place in the squad.

With NSW breaking the drought in Origin, the Bunnies a big chance to break their drought this year .... might be a good omen for the English men ;-)

Tempted to spend a week in NZ to catch the rematch of the Wembley semi.

roughyedspud

Coach
Good news for England in that Tom Burgess is improving and is not far off George. Such a shame that Sam is going, he is at the peak of his career at the moment.

hes come leaps and bounds as tom hasn't he...the way hes running and the aggression hes showing im starting to struggle to tell tom & george apart...which is brilliant for england

Latest posts