What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England 4N team

Evil Homer

Staff member
Yeah, I'm wrong. Clearly my bitter hatred for all things Warrington has clouded my judgment here.

drake_laughing.gif

WireMan

Bench
Yeah, I'm wrong. Clearly my bitter hatred for all things Warrington has clouded my judgment here.

Well your lack of a coherant argument certainly indicates this.

Glad you are on the same page was everyone else, we can get on with discussing the 4n team...

marv

Juniors
I'm not convinced about Charnley, he has been poor whenever he has come up against top opposition. I think Joe Burgess is a better bet for success on the wing and his height makes him another threat under the high ball.
Hall & Burgess would be my wingers, Hardaker & Watkins in the centres.

Agree about Charnley, disappointing in big Internationals for me so far.

Harrigan

Juniors
I've said for years that Atkins is a decent try scoring winger trying to play centre. He has no real attributes when it comes to being a centre but gets away with it because there are only a handful of decent centres in the league and only 1 real good right centre.

WireMan

Bench
I've said for years that Atkins is a decent try scoring winger trying to play centre. He has no real attributes when it comes to being a centre but gets away with it because there are only a handful of decent centres in the league and only 1 real good right centre.

Out of interest, what real attributes do you expect a centre to have?

Harrigan

Juniors
Out of interest, what real attributes do you expect a centre to have?

He just reminds me of Chev Walker when he was at Leeds. Big, strong, quick, but not the most agile and not the best wingers centre. His passing game is limited and given the opportunity he'd try to go himself instead of looking to draw his opposition and put the winger through. That's why I think he'd make a good winger. He is an athlete, no doubt, and outside a decent centre he would be devastating.

JasonE

Bench
I can't ignore how bad Charnley was in the World Cup opener against Australia, how poor he was in the NZW trial earlier this year and again rubbish against the Sydney Roosters in the WCC, big games when he has failed badly.
I just think he is a bit of a myth and his lack of size hurts him against the bigger teams.

Joe Burgess is a much better proposition, quick and great under the high ball. Not just a good athlete but a smart footy player.

marv

Juniors
i know...but that is his main job...what else hasn't he done though?

I dunno spud, I am a 19 stone ex prop, probably not the best guy to judge wingers!

I just think his height works against him (showing just how big wingers are these days), sure he scores tries, quite a lot for wigan but there has been question marks over his defence and you cant do the "we score more than you superleague thing" in the 4N

Wizardman

First Grade
That Joel Tompkins has improved in a big way...some Aust club should pick him up..backrower with loads of potential.

geordie_saint

Juniors
1. Tomkins
2. J Burgess
3. Watkins
4. Percival
5. Hall
6. Widdop
7. Smith
8. Graham (c)
9. Roby
10. Hill