What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

england 4nations injuries

hutch

First Grade
LOL you're joking right?

have you ever seen him play mate? he is the best prospect out of the uk in a fair while, especially in the backline. hoffman is a fair player and locke is something special i think but they arent in tomkins class yet. i have seen a few games where tomkins has completely dominated the other team at times without breaking a sweat!

i dont think brough is better than foran as a footballer, as a half back maybe. foran doesnt run the show at manly, but i think he will be fine for nz as all he has to do really is give the ball to benji early. anyone who doesnt rate foran highly does not know rugby league! however, brough is the best english half they have picked over the last few years (even though he should be playing for scotland still)!

i still think the poms will continue their form of beating the kiwis at home.

roughyedspud

Coach
the thing about kiwi kids is they start promising then tail off.....look at kris inu...tore it up when he first hit first grade,made his kiwi debut after just 1 game......now where is he? now he's just another plodding kiwi that was good as a kid

so forgive me for not getting too excited about the likes of hoffman & locke...who have'nt even played a bloody test yet :lol:

The Observer

Staff member
sam burgess - missed most of the season

gareth ellis - surprise surprise he needs surgery after the season

Ellis was interviewed in Rugby League Week, IIRC he said he suffered a couple of injuries this season, has been playing in pain, should really get the operation now, but is trying to play through as they have a good chance with the Tigers. Backrow is where you have the most strength in depth, right?

Didgi

Without trying to bash England, they don't have a whole lot of depth anywhere, though I guess second row would be one of their better positions, that's fairly constant worldwide tbh.

roughyedspud

Coach
Ellis was interviewed in Rugby League Week, IIRC he said he suffered a couple of injuries this season, has been playing in pain, should really get the operation now, but is trying to play through as they have a good chance with the Tigers. Backrow is where you have the most strength in depth, right?

while the players we'll bring in won't have the "x factor" burgess & ellis has...who we bring in will do us a job........any team would miss burgess & ellis cos they'd walk into any team in the world..

as i've tried pointing out....we'll have a solid pack,a good looking spine,4 very good wingers and some centers that are getting there.......compare that to 3,4,5 years ago...we're in a healthy position trust me..

and too the clown that posted that exiles video....your clueless

look at the exile team and you realize the average age was just 25/26...and had over 200 test caps between them...NSW would have killed to have had some of the exiles nsw'men in the last series,the exiles kiwis (chase,leulaui,fa'alago & soliola) are'nt gonna be too far from 4nations selections...as well as a smattering of other current samoan,tongan and irish RL internationals..........i said before the game that the exiles team would be the 4th best team in the world if it was a nation,more than capable of beating england...and they did....and they also did something the kiwis have'nt done for 6years...BEAT ENGLAND IN ENGLAND..

roughyedspud

Coach
is there any chance of sam burgess coming back for the 4 nations?

nah he's said twitter a few times in the last few month that he ain't gonna play..aside form the gym sessions he's hardly done anything recently apparently...in fact he's been up to port douglas the last few days :lol:

Didgi

Forging the path for the LOL@50uff$ Mad Monday that's only a few days away.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
f**k off rougheyedspud you raging androtrop, go get a team that can win a championship and then come talk smack you f**king gay merkin.

roughyedspud

Coach
hahahahahhahah 1-0 to england already

thanks to everyone,australians included,for helping me destroy "little eddie's" dreams

beating the best then losing to the worst must really piss on ya chips...:lol:

Last edited:

Didgi

Jeez, 1 guy on an Internet forum believing in his team has sent him over the edge.

I wonder how he'd handle it if England beat the Kiwis.

I wonder how his mental state is every preseason when fans are all believing in their teams.

roughyedspud

Coach
proper meltdown that is'nt it :lol:

strange how he uses the little known word "androtrop" though?? i had to look it up.......why the hell would any straight person be so familiar with the musing of kurt hiller? unless that person bringing up the word was indeed a gay activist like hiller?

and he calls me a f**king gay merkin

keep trying eddie....i'll tie you in knots son...:lol:

Last edited:
have you ever seen him play mate? he is the best prospect out of the uk in a fair while, especially in the backline. hoffman is a fair player and locke is something special i think but they arent in tomkins class yet. i have seen a few games where tomkins has completely dominated the other team at times without breaking a sweat!

i dont think brough is better than foran as a footballer, as a half back maybe. foran doesnt run the show at manly, but i think he will be fine for nz as all he has to do really is give the ball to benji early. anyone who doesnt rate foran highly does not know rugby league! however, brough is the best english half they have picked over the last few years (even though he should be playing for scotland still)!

i still think the poms will continue their form of beating the kiwis at home.

I watched him live in Wellington last year. I watched the Exiles game, and i've watched a handful of Wigan games this year. There's no doubt he and his brother are talented. He may completely dominate teams, but that's in the ESL mate. He will be up against the worlds best team in the Kiwis, and the 2nd best in the Roos. That's a massive step up from running rings around sub-standard ESL sides.

Spud, this will arguably be the best Kiwi side to ever leave our shores. We're coming for you mate. You better get ready.

..oh and Sculthorpe was overrated.

Good luck.

roughyedspud

Coach
Spud, this will arguably be the best Kiwi side to ever leave our shores. We're coming for you mate. You better get ready.

Good luck.

your coming for us??? why?? we're shit...its should be the 2nd best team in the world,the aussies, you should be worrying about....right??

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
ahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

i love over confident kiwis...bloody love em' :lol::lol::lol:

send em' big boy.....i'll love shoving your words down you mouth :lol:

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Go win a tournament and then get back to me you pommy wanker. Because we certainly have, in fact three of the last 5 of them.

roughyedspud

Coach
i'm a pom...and i do indeed wank.....so your insults mean as much to me as you NZ winning winning things cos its no good being world champions if you can't even beat england in england...lmao

when you start dominating like australia have for the last 40 years then you can start crowing kiwiboy now jog on and let the adults talk....

hutch

First Grade
I watched him live in Wellington last year. I watched the Exiles game, and i've watched a handful of Wigan games this year. There's no doubt he and his brother are talented. He may completely dominate teams, but that's in the ESL mate. He will be up against the worlds best team in the Kiwis, and the 2nd best in the Roos. That's a massive step up from running rings around sub-standard ESL sides.

fair enough, but i fail to see how rating tomkins above hoffman and locke is truly hilarious. he is a better player than those players regardless of which comp he plays in. locke is going to be a gun, there is something special about him as well, and hoffman is a fairly solid first grader with a massive future. at this point in time, they are not as good as tomkins.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
i'm a pom...and i do indeed wank.....so your insults mean as much to me as you NZ winning winning things cos its no good being world champions if you can't even beat england in england...lmao

when you start dominating like australia have for the last 40 years then you can start crowing kiwiboy now jog on and let the adults talk....

So you have to be the best in the world for 40 years before you can start talking up your success?

I do apologies though to be fair, it must suck knowing you are never going to win a tournament going into it and any small victory you have to take and run with it.