What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England name Ashes squad.

Not sure you can suggest he was mocking anything from that tiny snippet of footage...he's just duping exactly what was actually said.

Considering the film of him allegedly mocking the 'child' was supposed to be from June...where was the outrage then?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Considering the film of him allegedly mocking the 'child' was supposed to be from June...where was the outrage then?

call me cynical but Foxsports like to provide a lot of click bait on social media and Stokes is in the limelight right now

they would not have got that many clicks when no one cared about him

Bazal

Post Whore
Ashes related, so maybe this is the best place for it...

Australia have been dealt a major blow 50 days out from the Magellan Ashes with fast bowler James Pattinson ruled out of the Test series against England.

Pattinson will take an indefinite break from cricket after re-aggravating a lower back stress fracture that ruled him out of Australia’s recent tour to Bangladesh.

“Obviously I am extremely disappointed with this setback after just getting back into a good run of playing cricket,” Pattinson said.

“I’m especially disappointed to miss out on the possibility to play in a home Ashes Series.

“Over the next few weeks I will discuss all available options available to me with medical staff, to work out the best plan to prevent this from happening again."

Pattinson hasn't played since July 1 when he represented Nottinghamshire in the final of England's one-day tournament against Surrey at Lord's.

The Victorian was a member of Australia's Champions Trophy campaign but was not selected as Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins handled the fast-bowling duties.

Pattinson's extended stint on the sidelines means the prospect of Australia playing the 'Big Four' fast bowlers of Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Pattinson in the Ashes is now impossible.

“Soon after returning from the UK, following the Champions Trophy and his county cricket contract, James presented with back pain,"said Sports Science and Sports Medicine Manager Alex Kountouris.

“We made the decision to withdraw him from the Tour of Bangladesh and monitor his pain.

“He returned to bowling after a period of rest and unfortunately he is still experiencing pain with bowling.

“During this time we have been monitoring him, including regular scans and recent imaging has confirmed that James has begun to reaggravate his previous lower back stress fracture.

“As such, he has discontinued bowling as part of his recovery which unfortunately means that he will be unavailable for the beginning of the Sheffield Shield and subsequently Ashes campaign.

“Whilst this is very disappointing that James has reaggravated this old injury, we are confident that he can recover from this and return to playing.

“However, James’ current injury is complex because his history of old stress fractures from his teenage years means there is one part of his spine that absorbs more force than it would normally do.

“This is the area the of current re-aggravation but we are hopeful that we can put strategies in place to help manage this when James returns to playing."

Pattinson requested not to be considered for Australia's Border-Gavaskar series in India earlier this year as he made his comeback to elite cricket.

The right-armer starred for Victoria and Nottinghamshire in county cricket before injury struck once again.

Clicky

He's not that old, but at 27 and constantly out of the game or not bowling you seriously have to wonder if Patto is done...such a shame.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Think he’s done, he rested for months and still did it.

As someone who had stress fractures from over bowling as a young bloke you are never quite the same.

Bazal

Post Whore
Definitely has a certain feeling of finality about it. We never really fail to produce decent quicks, and with Starc and Hazlewood and Cummins all still quite young we've theoretically got three core quicks for a few seasons yet....

Definitely has a certain feeling of finality about it. We never really fail to produce decent quicks, and with Starc and Hazlewood and Cummins all still quite young we've theoretically got three core quicks for a few seasons yet....

Knock wood

Timbo

Staff member
I'm wondering why everyone was so gung-ho to have him as the fourth man anyway. I would be very reluctant to have someone with his injury record in the same side as Starc or Cummins who could also break down at the drop of a hat.

Bird on the other hand bowls all day, and has been outstanding almost every time he's called on. Surely he's #4.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I doubt we want or need to play 4 paceman this summer but what the selectors may do (im having a mini nightmare as I type the following) is bring back Mitch Marsh, just wait to hear it - the WA captaincy has matured and changed him :rolleyes:

billygilmore

Juniors
I doubt we want or need to play 4 paceman this summer but what the selectors may do (im having a mini nightmare as I type the following) is bring back Mitch Marsh, just wait to hear it - the WA captaincy has matured and changed him :rolleyes:

He's the Mitchell Pierce of the Aussie cricket team

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol, Freddy has fallen off the pedola again:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...a/news-story/572e9394647a67d3fa941b4c8f12bc13

HE was the heartbeat of the side that ended England’s 18-year Ashes drought in 2005, but Andrew Flintoff rates Joe Root’s outfit as the best in the country’s history.
Despite Australia being firm favourites for this summer’s blockbuster encounter and the storm clouds that hang over Ben Stokes, Flintoff is backing the tourists to overcome Steve Smith’s XI.

“It’s not a case of England winning,” Flintoff told BBC Radio Five Live, “it’s by how many.”

It’s the type of side you’d want to be involved in, from the coach and the captain down. I think England will have a good winter.

“It’s probably the best England team I think we’ve ever had.

“We’ve got Jimmy Anderson, who is England’s best ever bowler; Alastair Cook, England’s best ever batter. And you throw in the likes of Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow, who is fantastic — it’s exciting times.”

Star all-rounder Stokes is hanging onto his Ashes hopes by a thread, with the 26-year-old under investigation for causing actual bodily harm in a late-night brawl outside a Bristol nightclub.

Flintoff opted not to comment on Stokes’ actions, but rated the youngster a superior all-rounder than himself.
“It’s flattering when he’s compared to you,” Flintoff said, “he’s so much better (than me), lets be honest.
“He’s a fantastic cricketer.”

Anderson meanwhile believes the Ashes will be decided by whichever team better exposes the other’s weaknesses.

While England has trouble at the top of the order, with Mark Stoneman yet to truly convince as Alastair Cook’s opening partner and a gaping hole at No.3, Australia has problems of its own. Although the hosts are less reliant on Steve Smith and David Warner in home conditions, there remain question marks over who will play at No.6 and behind the stumps.

“I see a lot of similarities in the two teams. The transition that both have gone through in the recent past is very similar,” Anderson said.

“There are weaknesses in both teams and they’re going to try and exploit ours. It’s our job to try and exploit theirs and cement the cracks we might have. If we can do that, we’ll be in a good position.”

mozza91

Coach
Anderson lol. He was past it 4 years ago when George Bailey made him his bitch. The bloke is no threat whatsoever on our wickets. They only have 2 or 3 players worth feeding and 1 of them should be out for disciplinary reasons.