What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England name Ashes squad.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anderson lol. He was past it 4 years ago when George Bailey made him his bitch. The bloke is no threat whatsoever on our wickets. They only have 2 or 3 players worth feeding and 1 of them should be out for disciplinary reasons.
You wouldn't need to prepare much of a buffet for either side because they both only have a handful of players worth feeding.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Anderson has probably had the best 4 years of his career since the last Australian ashes. I dont think he will get the conditions he needs down here but i wouldnt write him off yet

mozza91

Coach
You wouldn't need to prepare much of a buffet for either side because they both only have a handful of players worth feeding.
True. We're pretty average and you guys are worse. We have Warner, Smith, Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon on his day who are genuine quality Test players with the likes of Renshaw and Cummins hopefully attaining that same status over the next couple of years.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't think we're worse.

Both beat each other at home no questions asked. And both struggle away.

We have Cook, Root, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali, and the ageing Anderson and Broad.

But then a reasonable drop off especially in the batting.

Our nadir was two years ago and we still pasted a stronger Australian team 3-1 in live tests.

But atm it's two very flawed teams with home ground advantage deciding the winner.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Anderson has probably had the best 4 years of his career since the last Australian ashes. I dont think he will get the conditions he needs down here but i wouldnt write him off yet

He's using the Kookaburra not the Dukes.

It only took a road like in Perth a couple of years ago to end Johnson's career.

Timbo

Staff member
There is allegedly a photo on Twitter of Ben Stokes at Heathrow taken in the last hour.

jargan83

Coach
If England go down 2-0 here whats the point of recalling Ben Stokes, they aren't going to win 3 straight Tests in Australia even with Stokes.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If England go down 2-0 here whats the point of recalling Ben Stokes, they aren't going to win 3 straight Tests in Australia even with Stokes.

Maybe not, but that would be a defeatist attitude. While tests are alive you got to try and play your best side at test level.

If anything they may be able to jag a test win with him there, without him might be 5-0, who knows.

If they win in Adelaide it makes the series a bit more open

Tommy Smith

Referee
He needs to play in Adelaide or we're f**ked.

You swap that Jon Hastings style trundler Jake Ball out for Ben Stokes and the team takes on a wholly different dynamic; with bat and ball.

Stoneman
Cook
Vince
Root
Malan
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Looks a million times better. That's how important Stokes is.