What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England squad Autumn 2018

Pommy

Coach
looks like a decent enough line up. More than enough to win the NZ series in my opinion.

England squad:

John Bateman (Wigan Warriors, Bradford Dudley Hill)

Caps: 13 (5 tries)

George Burgess (South Sydney, Dewsbury Moor)

Caps: 12 (2 tries)

Sam Burgess (South Sydney, Dewsbury Moor)

Caps: 23 (8 tries)

Tom Burgess (South Sydney, Dewsbury Moor)

Caps: 21 (2 tries)

Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves, Fryston Warriors)

Caps: 6 (1 try)

Jake Connor (Hull FC, Siddal)

Caps: 1 (1 try)

Luke Gale (Castleford Tigers, Middleton Marauders)

Caps: 10 (1 try, 10 goals)

James Graham (St George Illawarra Dragons, Blackbrook)

Caps: 40 (3 tries)

Joe Greenwood (Wigan Warriors, Saddleworth Rangers)

Caps: 0

Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves, New Springs Lions)

Caps: 26

Josh Hodgson (Canberra Raiders, East Hull)

Caps: 15 (3 tries)

Tom Johnstone (Wakefield Trinity, Stanningley)

Jonny Lomax (St Helens, Orrell St James)

Caps: 7

Reece Lyne (Wakefield Trinity, Ideal Isberg)

Tommy Makinson (St Helens, Wigan St Judes)

Caps: 1 (1 try)

Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants, Deighton Juniors)

Caps: 13 (12 tries)

Adam Milner (Castleford Tigers, Stanley Rangers)

Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks)

Caps: 24 (5 tries)

Mark Percival (St Helens, Halton Farnworth Hornets)

Caps: 5 (2 tries)

Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves, Wigan St Patricks)

Caps: 5 (2 tries)

Luke Thompson (St Helens, Bold Miners)

Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks)

Caps: 23 (17 tries)

Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders, West Bowling)

Caps: 16 (6 tries)

George Williams (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks)

Caps: 7 (1 try)

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/53604/five-uncapped-players-included-in-england-squad

I don't think it really matters how Tomkins was this year. He'll go down in history as a player who couldn't cut it in the best competition in the world.

hutch

First Grade
I don't think it really matters how Tomkins was this year. He'll go down in history as a player who couldn't cut it in the best competition in the world.
He was good in his first year, ordinary in his second but had a lot of injuries.

roughyedspud

Coach
Luke gale has pulled out...so we're going into the series,as it stands,without a proper 7...

Danny Richardson the St Helens 7 should get a call up....or if we're really struggling I'd go with Danny maguire

roughyedspud

Coach
Does anyone know if Jackson Hastings has any English heritage??

I've seen a few people suggest he gets a call up....but I can't find anything on his heritage??

His dad his a Australia,former East's player...but what about his mum or grandparents???

Springs09

Juniors

I've seen a few people suggest he gets a call up....but I can't find anything on his heritage??

His dad his a Australia,former East's player...but what about his mum or grandparents???

Wikipedia says his grandmother is English.

roughyedspud

Coach
Yeah apparently it was in our press a couple of weeks ago that he'd like to play for England cos his gran was born in Plymouth...

Well let's see how he goes next season,when he's played a full season against stronger SL teams cos,like I've said on TRL,he's only played half a dozen games and half of them where against championship teams...

NRLMad

Juniors
Yeah apparently it was in our press a couple of weeks ago that he'd like to play for England cos his gran was born in Plymouth...

Well let's see how he goes next season,when he's played a full season against stronger SL teams cos,like I've said on TRL,he's only played half a dozen games and half of them where against championship teams...
Why would you want a guy who was tossed from manly and not a qualified halfback to play for England? He’s ok but seriously. You guys need a halves academy to get your 6/7 stocks up. People who can’t run to the line and take on the aussies need to be banned from rep duty. Anyone who is tiny should also be excluded.

Springs09

Juniors
Why would you want a guy who was tossed from manly and not a qualified halfback to play for England? He’s ok but seriously. You guys need a halves academy to get your 6/7 stocks up. People who can’t run to the line and take on the aussies need to be banned from rep duty. Anyone who is tiny should also be excluded.

lol yeah, god forbid England unearth a Thurston clone and actually put him in the side!

Springs09

Juniors
Thurston is not tiny. The guy who played recently for England was.

Who is? Luke Gale and George Williams are the same size as Thurston. Their other halves last year Brown and Widdop are both bigger than Thurston.

If you mean Rob Burrow, he hasn't played for 5 years and in my opinion was one of England's better players, particularly as an interchange hooker.

Pommy

Coach

If selected I would support him but I would really prefer if we didn’t call up Aussies.

Springs09

Juniors
So with Gale, Richardson and Widdop out who else can England call up? Sneyd, McGuire, Myler? Or stick with Lomax/Williams/Tomkins/Connor in the halves and call up another forward?

LeagueXIII

First Grade

Yes, Andy Gregory wasn't any good was he.

NRLMad

Juniors
Who is? Luke Gale and George Williams are the same size as Thurston. Their other halves last year Brown and Widdop are both bigger than Thurston.

If you mean Rob Burrow, he hasn't played for 5 years and in my opinion was one of England's better players, particularly as an interchange hooker.
They’re all a bit small and a bit shit. England needs to be better. Forwards are great, halves generally aren’t talkers and have been shot for 10 years. The problem in my opinion is Australia only want to win and at any cost. I think that may happen for England eventually due to the amount of players playing in the NRL, but they need a proper halfback. Widdop is my favourite player so he just needs a good partner.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Im pretty sure Blake Austin has English heritage? If you aren’t looking at heritage halves surely you would go Austin over Hastings