What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England squad named

Craig

Juniors
Squad in full:

James (West Ham), Robinson (Leeds), Walker (Leicester); P Neville (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), A Cole (Arsenal), Bridge (Chelsea), Mills (Leeds/Mbro), Johnson (Chelsea); Terry (Chelsea), Upson (Birmingham), Southgate (Mbro); Beckham (Real Madrid), Lampard (Chelsea), J Cole (Chelsea), Butt (Man Utd), Gerrard (Liverpool), Murphy (Liverpool), Parker (Charlton), Jenas (Newcastle); Heskey (Liverpool), Rooney (Everton), Vassell (A Villa).

No Hargraves, Owen, Beattie, Smith.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=283079&cc=3436

Rustay

Juniors
Owen is injured, Smith is overrated and for some reason Sven thinks Heskey is better than Beattie :?

Beattie is the biggest surprise for me, i think he has had a great year or so and in a side that isnt full of stars. Definately better than Heskey. Vassel hasnt scored all season in the prem, and Rooney has one goal. Beattie has six already. Rooney is also in doubt for the match too.

Scott Parker finally got called up and i reckon he should get a start on form...but he wont.

As for the goalkeepers..... :lol:

half

Coach
hahaha butt! what a name

heskey is the most useless soccer player ever. it seems like everyone knows this apart from houllier and sven

Lucas

Juniors
I think for the first time in a long time that Alan Smith is deserving of an England cap, so I was surprised to see him miss out. He is the only one who has been doing anything for Leeds recently.

EdBurton

Juniors
Rooney has only scored 1 goal for Everton this season, but he rarely starts. He's actually scored more for England, so I can understand his inclusion, but Heskey over Beattie is just absolute MADNESS!
Alan Smith is playing well, but still doesn't deserve a spot yet. He's been scoring goals for Leeds, but lets face it he's been the only srtiker on the pitch most of the time and Leeds entire team has only scored 1 more goal than Henry has just in the Premier League.
Hell, bring Shearer back if he's fit, he's scored only 2 less than Leeds!

In a shock call-up,Tottenham's Anthony Gardner has been named in the squad,replacing Southgate who has pulled out through injury.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
half-man said:
heskey is the most useless soccer player ever.
Don't call Donkey a soccer player! That is an insult to soccer players world-wide, from the professional leagues in europe to 6 year old backyard kings.

It's going to be interesting to see how Sven lines up the midfield with Scholes not there. The only certainty would be Beckham, although Gerrard is probably in that catergory as well (whether he deserves it is another question). The way Phil Neville has been playing, he deserves to be in the starting side. He has been a revelation since moving into the midfield for Man Utd, along with Tim Howard he has been our best and most consistent player all season.

Am I right in saying that Lampard will probably play on the left? I'm looking at the midfielders in the team and none of them (besides Joe Cole who isn't yet in the starting line-up) are left sided players.

How I expect them to line up:

----------------------James-----------------------

--G. Neville----Terry----Southgate----A. Cole--

--Beckham---P. Neville---Gerrard---Lampard--

--------------Heskey---------Rooney-------------

Edit: If Southgate is out then Upson would go into the side.

Craig

Juniors
half-man said:
hahaha butt! what a name

heskey is the most useless soccer player ever. it seems like everyone knows this apart from houllier and sven

You know Nicky Butt's name is pretty funny.

NRH

Juniors
----------------------Robinson-----------------------

--Johnson----Terry--------Upson-------A. Cole--

--Beckham---Lampard---Gerrard------J Cole--

--------------Smith---------Rooney-------------

Its a friendly so they might as well blood some young players and see homw they handle the pressure
The Chelsea Johnson/Terry partnership shouldbe a strong one for the future