What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England team v kiwis

roughyedspud

Coach
heres the team

http://www.englandrl.co.uk/article.php?id=19911

1. G Widdop

2. T Briscoe

3. M Shenton

4. R Atkins

5. D Goulding

6. K Brown

7. S Tomkins

8. J Graham (C)

9. J Roby

10. S Fielden

11. G Ellis

12. S Burgess

13. S O'Loughlin

Subs

14. L Robinson

15. D Griffin

16. B Westwood

17. J Tomkins

i'm not surprised we've missed a trick in not having crabtree on the bench to smash holes in a tired kiwi pack (5 backrowers and 1 prop on the bench)....it looks so obvious thats something we should have done

Good side, I like Widdop at the back and it's still a great forward pack without Morley. It's good to see Fielden back.

Good forward pack but I agree that it would have been better with Crabtree on the bench.

I can see that backline having problems with the likes of Tuqiri, Vatuvai and SKD.

heres the team

1. G Widdop

2. T Briscoe

3. M Shenton

4. R Atkins

5. D Goulding

6. K Brown

7. S Tomkins

8. J Graham (C)

9. J Roby

10. S Fielden

11. G Ellis

12. S Burgess

13. S O'Loughlin

Subs

14. L Robinson

15. D Griffin

16. B Westwood

17. J Tomkins

i'm not surprised we've missed a trick in not having crabtree on the bench to smash holes in a tired kiwi pack (5 backrowers and 1 prop on the bench)....it looks so obvious thats something we should have done
Agree about crabtree, i thought he was nailed on to be on the bench.
Not sure about Brown in the team, i would rather he was on the field with "water" on his back than the number 6. Would have Robinson at 7 and Tomkins at 6.

nadera78

Juniors
Crazy not to have Crabtree on the bench.
Robinson should be at 9, Roby is an out-and-out impact player from the bench.
Would prefer Cudjoe on the wing instead of Goulding.

Our Biggest problem is the lack of a kicking game in general play. If we keep sticking it down the full back's throat then we'll go nowhere.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Crazy not to have Crabtree on the bench.
Robinson should be at 9, Roby is an out-and-out impact player from the bench.
Would prefer Cudjoe on the wing instead of Goulding.

Our Biggest problem is the lack of a kicking game in general play. If we keep sticking it down the full back's throat then we'll go nowhere.

Slater would especially capitalise on a poor kicking game; the best a team can do to negate that is kick it dead//find touch

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Slater would especially capitalise on a poor kicking game; the best a team can do to negate that is kick it dead//find touch

Actually, the first game that Bellamy had in charge of the Blues, the game plan was kick it to Slater when he was in a position where he couldn't link up with his wingers. It worked very effectively as he had to hit the ball up on his own where he was the only person that the chasing defence had to think about. It worked very effectively. He was tired out as the defence bashed him every hit up.

The Clan

Juniors
I can only assume that Crabtree has been sacrificed in an attempt to have contingency on the bench should the more mobile Kiwi's gain an advantage.

With Tomkins and Westwood we could lighten the pack and try to gain some mobility if we need to.

Personally I think J Tomkins played himself out of contention in the last game and I would have picked Crabtree.

Banana

Juniors
I can only assume that Crabtree has been sacrificed in an attempt to have contingency on the bench should the more mobile Kiwi's gain an advantage.

With Tomkins and Westwood we could lighten the pack and try to gain some mobility if we need to.

Personally I think J Tomkins played himself out of contention in the last game and I would have picked Crabtree.
I too would have picked Crabtree - however, he's not as good making the hard yards and taking it up carry after carry. I assume that's why, but I don't agree with it.

ozbash

Referee
heres the team

1. G Widdop

2. T Briscoe

3. M Shenton

4. R Atkins

5. D Goulding

6. K Brown

7. S Tomkins

8. J Graham (C)

9. J Roby

10. S Fielden

11. G Ellis

12. S Burgess

13. S O'Loughlin

Subs

14. L Robinson

15. D Griffin

16. B Westwood

17. J Tomkins

:lol: like lambs to the slaughter.....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My thoughts on this side. You need a half back, badly.

Tomkins is a natural runner and he should be moved to fullback when possible. He does well when he runs against the grain through the middle. But he is no halfback.

I thought Roby was again disappointing, kid with so much potential but it seems like he hasnt learned a thing in the last 3 years.

I think your backs are under rated. Get them into some space and I think they can do anything. They all seem to be best as broken field players. Shenton was impressive in defence and attack. Has his issues but I see alot in him.

Forwards were beaten, I didnt even notice Fielden out there. Ellis was brilliant, easily your best player. He never stopped.

I can only imagine the difference that Morley, Peacock, Eastmond, Pryce and Sinfield would have made. Such a shame.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Danny McGuire was the biggest miss I think. He's twice the player he has been in previous years, he carried Leeds all season and should have won Man of Steel.

Latest posts