What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
Game has changed since I played, Aussie as per usual use underarm tactics to keep thier noses in front. Twice in last 7min the Aussies throw the ball away slowing all momentum and warching the clock go down.

When I played throwing the ball away was an instant penalty, yet at this level it gets by without a mention.

No guesses on who the bad sportsman award should go to.. I guess Aussies will never change.

The English, as per usual, show all the spine of your average slug, then bitch and moan after losing.

Hindmarsh played well, but Sheens used him wrong. If he's the work horse in the back row, why would you sub him off after 30 minutes? Supercoach indeed. Dead set, we could lose to France 50-0 and New Zealand in the final 50-0, and Tim Sheens would still be regarded as a supercoach, I'm sure the media would believe his excuses.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Game has changed since I played, Aussie as per usual use underarm tactics to keep thier noses in front. Twice in last 7min the Aussies throw the ball away slowing all momentum and warching the clock go down.

When I played throwing the ball away was an instant penalty, yet at this level it gets by without a mention.

No guesses on who the bad sportsman award should go to.. I guess Aussies will never change.

Yet the ref was English...

UnderArm

Juniors
What a craptacular waste of your first, and most likely only, post.

:roll: Waste I guess for Aussies who dnt give a rats ass about sportsmanship or fairplay.
You can not tell me that the Aussies attitude in that last 8 or so minites was that of a world class side..
Fine example for our young talent coming throu.

UnderArm

Juniors
The English, as per usual, show all the spine of your average slug, then bitch and moan after losing.

:lol: Not english either bud my name should have given that away i was a mere 3rd party watching an unsportsman team almost lose to a rather average english side.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:lol: Not english either bud my name should have given that away i was a mere 3rd party watching an unsportsman team almost lose to a rather average english side.
I guess it was ok when the poms were throwing the ball away in the first half in order to have a breather then eh?

But maybe you missed that. Your view may have been obstructed by that massive chip on your shoulder.

Every team is coached to do it and you are delluded if you think otherwise.

UnderArm

Juniors
I guess it was ok when the poms were throwing the ball away in the first half in order to have a breather then eh?

But maybe you missed that. Your view may have been obstructed by that massive chip on your shoulder.

Every team is coached to do it and you are delluded if you think otherwise.

If you think they behaved like a world class side should behave then you sir are delluded and obviously Australian..

Throwing the ball away deserves firstly a warning, then penalty, then sin bin.

If the lower grades get penalized for this blatant bad sportsman behaviour why should "world class" sides be allowed.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So in other words: you have no response to my post and are now running scared.

Glad we could clear that up. Hypocrite.

UnderArm

Juniors
So in other words: you have no response to my post and are now running scared.

Glad we could clear that up. Hypocrite.

Your an odd fellow aint you.. Simply I was stating the obvious of how bad the sportsmanship was of the aussies and you defend it with insults..

At no stage have you answerd the question that throwing the ball away should be a penalty..

Instead you defend their actions.. The happy gilmore team of International Rugby League hate to see how they react when New Zealand (world champions) sew them a new ring peice.. especially after that mediocre performance.:p

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Your an odd fellow aint you..
Odd? I'm not the one who joined up with a username specific to a topic I wanted to discuss.

UnderArm said:
Simply I was stating the obvious of how bad the sportsmanship was of the aussies and you defend it with insults..
No insults, just stating the obvious that your calling the actions of the Australians "unsportsman" (sic) while ignoring the identical actions of the English is hypotcritical. Clearly.

UnderArm said:
At no stage have you answerd the question that throwing the ball away should be a penalty..
At no stage has that question been posed. You made a statement. But I'll make it clear for you. Deliberately throwing the ball away should result in a penalty. But unlike yourself I believe this rule should apply to ALL teams.

UnderArm said:
Instead you defend their actions..
Please display where I have done this. I presented you with the fact that other teams also commit such actions. A fact you conveniently choose to ignore.

UnderArm said:
The happy gilmore team of International Rugby League hate to see how they react when New Zealand (world champions) sew them a new ring peice.. especially after that mediocre performance.:p

Keep evading my point. It can only work well for your credibility right?

j0nesy

Bench
If you think they behaved like a world class side should behave then you sir are delluded and obviously Australian..

Throwing the ball away deserves firstly a warning, then penalty, then sin bin.

If the lower grades get penalized for this blatant bad sportsman behaviour why should "world class" sides be allowed.

They should, it's supposed to happen at NRL level as well. Maybe it doesn't in the ESL? I genuinely don't know, perhaps a few pommies can shed some light on it. I don't think any Australian supporter is deluded enough to believe that our national squad would win any awards for world class behaviour.

Now the Allblacks on the other hand, what a gentlemanly outfit they are... Golf clap...

UnderArm

Juniors
You had a point??
I thought that was me you have just been trolling.

And like alot of things in league the last 10min all of a sudden the rules are used to effect a whole lot more such as the stopping of the clock at 25min into a game ref will hardly ever stop the clock but last 10min clock is being stopped for any reason.

My name was chosen to remember another sad day in australian sportsmanship you are correct.. clearly nothing changes.

j0nesy

Bench
You had a point??

And like alot of things in league the last 10min all of a sudden the rules are used to effect a whole lot more such as the stopping of the clock at 25min into a game ref will hardly ever stop the clock but last 10min clock is being stopped for any reason.

My name was chosen to remember another sad day in australian sportsmanship you are correct.. clearly nothing changes.

If you're trying to argue then please make sense, I'm losing interest fast. Or is English your 3rd language?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You had a point??
You talking about trolling? You? Mr "select a username specific to your first and only argument"? You are troll personified.

UnderArm said:
This paragraph barely makes any sense. You're clearly rattled and you are floundering now.

But of course you see no problem with a side wasting time toward the end of the first half in order to have a breather and prevent further points being scored against them. That probably wouldn't fit into your model for "unsportsman" (sic) behaviour.

UnderArm said:
You are a fraud, nothing more nothing less. And you become all the more boring with each evasive yet trollsome post.

Facts are no friend to you.

Last edited:

UnderArm

Juniors
You talking about trolling? You? Mr "select a username specific to your first and only argument"? You are troll personified.

This paragraph barely makes any sense. You're clearly rattled and you are floundering now.

But of course you see no problem with a side wasting time toward the end of the first half in order to have a breather and prevent further points being scored against them. That probably wouldn't fit into your model for "unsportsman" (sic) behaviour.

You are a fraud, nothing more nothing less. And you become all the more boring with each evasive yet trollsome post.

:roll: attacking me wont change facts buddy.. Face it your team are sore losers and will take any measure to win throwing fairplay and sportsmanship out the door atleast jonesy had the sence to agree they were not as good in that department.. instead you sit at your computer sending rage posts.. funny wouldnt surprise me if you hadnt played league a day in your life you just wish you had.

The fraud here I can almost garantee is you mate. Have you played or playing? if so who for and when? Did you make rep teams? if so who and when? all answers I can gladly answer.

How many true league players sit there and dribble the crap you just posted.. Your a joke.

Why couldnt you accept the fact your team was blatant bad sports is it that hard for you to accept?? History says you shouldnt be to surprised, a couple of the top of my head to remind you.. Cathy Freeman.. Underarm bowl..

Instead you think attacking me with your feeble attempts can change facts... Facts dont lie.... anywho you bore me nothing constructive said just dribble......

Go kiwis.:crazy:
Facts are no friend to you.

wiganjohn

Juniors
The Ausies were given too much respect on saturday. England should have come out and played their game from minute 1 and not held back because they didnt want to lose. If England had played from minute 1 Australia would be out of the competition.
I still believe that Australia are not the best team in the world, and this will become more obvious when some of their old cart horses i.e civoniciva, lockyer etc.. are not replaced with the same quality.
English rugby league has more young potential than Australian rugby league, fact.
In the coming years no team in the world will compete with england, tomkins, burgess, crabtree, hall and eastmond, pure class.
Oh and it was great to see the Ausies get knocked about on saturday aswell, not that hard are they!
Bring on the Kiwis, lets give them a good knock about!