What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England - Who Would You Sign?

hardbaby

Coach
I just had a thought (I know it's rare). When discussing the player market everybody is focusing on Australian/Kiwi players. There is for example a domino effect in half backs. Bellamy determines where Cronk plays. If Cowboys keep Scott, Thurston would probably go to the Panthers etc etc. But with the increase in the salary cap + marquee allowance + power of the Ozzie dollar, now would be a very good time to raid the English ranks for proven internationals. I have a hunch that the Dragons are still eying off Rangi Chase for 2014 (maybe this year if he could garnish a release). There may just be some good, affordable options over there.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
I am of the understanding the saints are looking at the English playing market very strongly....

Chase is a good player but I really couldn't offer much here as prior commitments keep me from getting into it strongly...

I know that the super league is getting stronger with the top few teams but also a little worried that I think Leeds have won 5 of the last 6 premierships or something like that....

The other point is that we have already taken a big gamble on drinkwater and I also read on here that the French 7 is trialling for the cutters as well....

For us, I would like to sigh a JT or a Wallace (I rate him) as a way to keep a level of expirence in the pivot role!

hardbaby

Coach
Lots of halves available next year. I think Hunt would be a good purchase. Half is his favourite position but he backs up into hooker at the Broncos. Beale left because he wanted to play in his preferred position. With the signing of Prince the writing is on the wall for Hunt.

That said, I reckon Rangi Chase will smash it. And there are other layers in England as well. Bear in mind one of their lads just won the most coveted award in rugby league. We have 4 Burgess boys and guys like Ellis, Morley and Graham have been fantastic. There are plenty more like those guys and we can offer good money to land the right guys.

Mr Red

First Grade
Yeah tomkins.

also for the right price -
Kevin Sinfield
Gareth Hock
Sean O'Loughlin

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah tomkins.

also for the right price -
Kevin Sinfield
Gareth Hock
Sean O'Loughlin

So hypothetically, what sort of money would they be on?

If you look at the halves, Thurston will crack $1 million/season. Cronk is on $800k - $900. Even bloody Sandow is on $500k before salary cap adjustment. I reckon Pearce (the winner of every over-rated award there is) will get $600k from someone desperate. So what would you need to offer to land Sam Tomkins?

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
So hypothetically, what sort of money would they be on?

If you look at the halves, Thurston will crack $1 million/season. Cronk is on $800k - $900. Even bloody Sandow is on $500k before salary cap adjustment. I reckon Pearce (the winner of every over-rated award there is) will get $600k from someone desperate. So what would you need to offer to land Sam Tomkins?

I reckon at least $650 for a super league player... Which is overs in my book!!

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
You read the telegraph or did you get this information from J Moz?

Is it such a surprise that I actually spoke to a first grade football player?? Or is it more of a surprise that as a dragons fan that I asked him he he wanted to come back??? Or is it more of a surprise that I actually named the players name on here???? :crazy::crazy:

Breathingfire

Juniors
Is it such a surprise that I actually spoke to a first grade football player?? Or is it more of a surprise that as a dragons fan that I asked him he he wanted to come back??? Or is it more of a surprise that I actually named the players name on here???? :crazy::crazy:

Its more that you're a bullshit artist.